News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DTB Review Schedule

Started by suspsy, December 22, 2018, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Has the Safari LTD retired baby spinosaurus and allosaurus been done yet?
If not, may I work on a review for those two?
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

As far as I know, they have not been done.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Mind if I write a review on em, then? I've ordered them both
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Prehistory Resurrection

Hello, I am planning to review the 2021 Schleich Ceratosaurus, Baryonyx and Apatosaurus, Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous 2021 McDonald's Happy Meal Paper T-Rex, Baryonyx, Indominus Rex, Stegosaurus and Pteranodon and Mattel Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Savage Strike Jumping Velociraptor. As of now, I am not free but I would like to reserve these. As soon as I am free, I will get to these. Is is possible or someone has already planned to review one of these?

suspsy

The Baryonyx is reserved, but the rest should be fine.

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: suspsy on October 16, 2022, 06:17:05 PMThe Baryonyx is reserved, but the rest should be fine.
Ok thanks.

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on October 16, 2022, 03:58:33 PMHello, I am planning to review the 2021 Schleich Ceratosaurus, Baryonyx and Apatosaurus, Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous 2021 McDonald's Happy Meal Paper T-Rex, Baryonyx, Indominus Rex, Stegosaurus and Pteranodon and Mattel Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Savage Strike Jumping Velociraptor. As of now, I am not free but I would like to reserve these. As soon as I am free, I will get to these. Is is possible or someone has already planned to review one of these?
I would also like to reserve the Schleich Mini Stegosaurus and Saichania. Thanks.

bmathison1972

I recently acquired the Signatustudio Titanochelon and would like to review it, if it isn't reserved! Thank you!

Flaffy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 02, 2022, 01:17:00 PMI recently acquired the Signatustudio Titanochelon and would like to review it, if it isn't reserved! Thank you!

I don't imagine any SignatuStudio model being reserved for review atm considering the small scale production of the line. Go for it ;D !

bmathison1972

I'll try to start on the tortoise this weekend

I would also like to reserve the CollectA 2023 Anomalocaris, if not already claimed

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2022, 02:11:34 PMI'll try to start on the tortoise this weekend

I would also like to reserve the CollectA 2023 Anomalocaris, if not already claimed

I started a CollectA 2023 thread on the reviewer's board and put you down for the Anomalocaris, B @bmathison1972.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 11, 2022, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2022, 02:11:34 PMI'll try to start on the tortoise this weekend

I started a CollectA 2023 thread on the reviewer's board and put you down for the Anomalocaris, B @bmathison1972.

Thanks a bunch Gwangi!

bmathison1972

I have written the text for the Signatustudio Titanochelon. If I can get pics this weekend, I should be able to submit before the end of the weekend (still waiting on a couple bits of information from the artist, however).

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 19, 2022, 06:45:29 PMI have written the text for the Signatustudio Titanochelon. If I can get pics this weekend, I should be able to submit before the end of the weekend (still waiting on a couple bits of information from the artist, however).
The Titanochelon review and images are done; just waiting to hear back from Miguel on a couple bits of information I want to make sure are correct :)

Lynx

Are repaints of figures (like Papos feathered velociraptor repaint from the company, or the REBOR GnG Tyrannosaurus variants such as Types B, C, and D) allowed to be reviewed, or is it a one review per sculpt thing?

I am finishing up the reviews for the Safari LTD baby allosaurus and spinosaurus currently.
An oversized house cat.

DinoFan2010

I would (sorta) like to submit a review for the big Hasbro T.rex (stomp n strike) for the heck of it.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Lynx on December 05, 2022, 02:39:15 PMAre repaints of figures (like Papos feathered velociraptor repaint from the company, or the REBOR GnG Tyrannosaurus variants such as Types B, C, and D) allowed to be reviewed, or is it a one review per sculpt thing?

I am finishing up the reviews for the Safari LTD baby allosaurus and spinosaurus currently.
I think it should be fine, as I already know there are reviews for tweakings and repaints of other toys by the same company (Definitely Dinosaurs mini Triceratops and Mattel Albertosaurus, for example).

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Gwangi

Repaints are fine. I've even reviewed repaints of figures that I had already reviewed!

suspsy

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on December 05, 2022, 02:46:53 PMI would (sorta) like to submit a review for the big Hasbro T.rex (stomp n strike) for the heck of it.

Do it!

And yes, while repaints are not considered essential material for the blog, they are perfectly acceptable. I could be wrong, but I think it was I myself who kicked that door in when I posted a review of the original Carnegie Pachycephalosaurus despite there already being one of the repainted version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: