You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Why Donald Glut stop publishing supplements to the book Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia

Started by VD231991, January 25, 2023, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VD231991

I know that the veteran American film director and screenwriter Donald F. Glut wrote seven supplements to his 1997 book Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia, but somehow he neglected to write an additional supplementary work. Did Glut decide not to write an eighth or ninth supplement to Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia because of the uptick in the annual rate at which new non-avian dinosaur taxa were being described based on newly discovered specimens as well as specimens previously referred to well-known taxa and remains found decades earlier but not described?

SidB

It would be presumptuous to say that there was a glut on the market, so I won't say it. No, not me!

VD231991

Quote from: SidB on January 25, 2023, 05:25:25 PMIt would be presumptuous to say that there was a glut on the market, so I won't say it. No, not me!
I was referring to Donald Glut, because prior to publishing the book Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia, he also wrote the semi-technical dinosaur books The Dinosaur Dictionary, The New Dinosaur Dictionary and The Complete Dinosaur Dictionary. Like the late George Olshevsky, Donald E. Glut himself seems to have developed multiple interests in prehistoric reptiles and fiction, in the latter case movies and comic books. A complete overview of Donald E. Glut's life and career can be found at this page for convenience:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_F._Glut

Blade-of-the-Moon

You could ask him on Facebook he's on there a bit.  My guess is it's really hard to publish a new book every time a bit of info changes which now is every few months it seems.

Dinoguy2

He's too busy hiring uh... models(?) to pose with his massive dinosaur collection  ^-^
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SidB

Quote from: VD231991 on January 25, 2023, 05:43:36 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 25, 2023, 05:25:25 PMIt would be presumptuous to say that there was a glut on the market, so I won't say it. No, not me!
I was referring to Donald Glut, because prior to publishing the book Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia, he also wrote the semi-technical dinosaur books The Dinosaur Dictionary, The New Dinosaur Dictionary and The Complete Dinosaur Dictionary. Like the late George Olshevsky, Donald E. Glut himself seems to have developed multiple interests in prehistoric reptiles and fiction, in the latter case movies and comic books. A complete overview of Donald E. Glut's life and career can be found at this page for convenience:
Thanks for the background, now I know exactly whom you mean.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SidB on January 25, 2023, 09:57:39 PM
Quote from: VD231991 on January 25, 2023, 05:43:36 PM
Thanks for the background, now I know exactly whom you mean.
;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on January 25, 2023, 09:03:19 PMHe's too busy hiring uh... models(?) to pose with his massive dinosaur collection  ^-^

I think and I may be wrong, those are mainly actresses he uses in a lot of his films? He's also a director of some smaller lower budget features in addition to a writer, collector, and a slew of other things. His collection was my early aspiration after seeing it in the Dinosaur Shows as Gary Owen's house.

I also can't fault the guy, if he can get models/actresses to pose with his collection..it's like every teenage boys dream. lol  ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.