News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prime 1 Studio

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, February 05, 2023, 06:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Do not know whether a post has already been created about this or not here yet but just stumbled across this video showcasing Prime 1 Studio's JWD Final Fight 1/15 Scale Diorama, compromising of the Therizinosaurus, Giganotosaurus and T-Rex. Release date and price are currently not known. A breath-taking and impressive diorama indeed.

Prehistory Resurrection

Also came across this video showcasing their The Lost World Jurassic Park T-Rex Cliff Attack Diorama and Jurassic World Dominion Blue and Beta Diorama. Edited the title of the subject to include this video as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on February 08, 2023, 09:38:02 PM
Also came across this video showcasing their The Lost World Jurassic Park T-Rex Cliff Attack Diorama and Jurassic World Dominion Blue and Beta Diorama. Edited the title of the subject to include this video as well.

This is certainly THE Lost World piece to get, I have mine preordered now just the million year wait to get it lol Gives me time to figure out where the heck I'll put it..

Prehistory Resurrection

Okay, so was about to post new releases from Prime 1 Studio and noticed that the videos I've posted about the JWD Final Fight Diorama and The Lost World: JP Diorama for whatever reason are now marked as private and also realized that there was not a thread for Prime 1 Studio. So here are pictures of these two dioramas as well as a video showcasing other Prime 1 Studio Jurassic Park/ World offerings. I've also renamed this thread to simply Prime 1 Studio.

The Dominion Diorama is available for pre-order. Available as from late 2024-early 2025.
Edit: Found this video from Prime 1 Studio on YouTube on the Dominion Diorama (hopefully this one won't be marked as private too in the future);
More details in the video description. Those pre-ordering it from Prime 1 Studio's official online store or any authorized distributor will receive as bonus a freestanding Jurassic World: Dominion Logo Plaque.

The Lost World JP Diorama is available for pre-order. Available as from March 2024-June 2024 according to Prime 1 Studio's official website.

Those pre-ordering this Diorama from either Prime 1 Studio's official online store or any authorized distributor will receive the baby T-Rex as a bonus:

More details on Prime 1 Studio's official website; link: https://www.prime1studio.com/jp2-t-rex-cliff-attack-lmcjp-09s/LMCJP-09S.html

The video showcasing other Jurassic Park/World collectibles from Prime 1 Studio;

Prehistory Resurrection

Here are the two new reveals; 1st one is a 1/6 scale statue of the JP3 Male Raptor;

And the second; a 1/6 scale statue of the JP3 Female Raptor, with nest included;

Blade-of-the-Moon

They look good. They also teased two smaller JP Raptors, one stalking one leaping for their budget line.

Now the wait for them..about 3 years? lol

Bread

Here's another reveal! This is one I am excited for!

Not sure why it says Jurassic Park 3, when this is obviously the Buck from The Lost World, the scars are present, plus the coloration.

Carnoking

Those Raptors look great but at 1/6 scale I'm sure they'll exceed my grasp. Glad to have the more manageable Nanmu pair

Blade-of-the-Moon

Prime 1 sometimes gets confused I've noticed.

It almost looks like a mirror image of the Nanmu OaFK Bull/Buck .

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2023, 04:02:06 AMPrime 1 sometimes gets confused I've noticed.

Yep, I figured.

And yeah many people have said the same thing regarding the pose closely resembling Nanmu's, but that's not the only "issue" as there's supposedly an uncredited artist.

Supposedly an artist on instagram claims to have 3D modeled the Tyrannosaurus a few times for them years ago. And over these said years, Prime1 Studio has reposed it again and again, without any credits given to said artist.

The supposedly artist's username is julien_romeo_art on instagram. Julien Romeo's page is full of renders and models, so I am really leaning to what they've claimed regarding their work.

Edit: To add, the artist never received any money from Prime 1 either.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on November 27, 2023, 12:45:07 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2023, 04:02:06 AMPrime 1 sometimes gets confused I've noticed.

Yep, I figured.

And yeah many people have said the same thing regarding the pose closely resembling Nanmu's, but that's not the only "issue" as there's supposedly an uncredited artist.

Supposedly an artist on instagram claims to have 3D modeled the Tyrannosaurus a few times for them years ago. And over these said years, Prime1 Studio has reposed it again and again, without any credits given to said artist.

The supposedly artist's username is julien_romeo_art on instagram. Julien Romeo's page is full of renders and models, so I am really leaning to what they've claimed regarding their work.

I knew Julian worked for them, now they have Iron Studios original artist. I didn't know he wasn't paid.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2023, 04:04:18 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 27, 2023, 12:45:07 PM

Yep, I figured.

I knew Julian worked for them, now they have Iron Studios original artist. I didn't know he wasn't paid.
Yep, again, this is all coming directly from Julian. He also raised the idea to make an etsy store for his models.

He's been voicing these comments through a post showcasing this new Buck from Prime1 Studios.

Bread

Just more photos, also preorder will be available on November 30th, 2023 at 6AM GMT Time Thursday.

That's 1AM EST for me at least...

Just want to note, this is a combination of my own criticisms plus others I've seen on instagram.

- This model is $129.99, which their JP "Rexy" did not even exceed to $100 on its original release. Why the price hike? The model is the same size pretty much.

- The colorscheme is more so based on the JP3 Bull, not the Buck from TLW.

- Has the scars of the Buck, but again Bull colorscheme from JP3.

- Nanmu's Tyrannosaurus like-pose, which in my opinion doesn't matter, but it would be kind of annoying to have these both and they both have the same posture.

In my opinion this isn't a bad model, I actually quite like it; however I am going to pass on it unless I can get it for a good deal/sale.

Pliosaurking

The Rex looks nice but I'm satisfied with my nanmu buck Rex. This one will be smaller, more expensive and if prime ones track record is to go off of have a worse paint scheme. The Spinosaurus had a abysmal paint scheme and the detail was very rough on the final product, hopefully this one stays true to the prototype but I doubt it.

Bread

Quote from: Pliosaurking on November 29, 2023, 03:20:16 PMThe Rex looks nice but I'm satisfied with my nanmu buck Rex. This one will be smaller, more expensive and if prime ones track record is to go off of have a worse paint scheme. The Spinosaurus had a abysmal paint scheme and the detail was very rough on the final product, hopefully this one stays true to the prototype but I doubt it.
Exactly.

Just to add to the fire, this won't be expected to ship out until February to May 2025...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I'm not hyped really.  Looks like a scaled down version from the Cliff Attack Diorama.

They did use the same animatronic for JP3 as TLW, but the cg shots showed a smaller lighter built animal. The cg was so different even the Spino was different.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 29, 2023, 04:14:30 PMYeah I'm not hyped really.  Looks like a scaled down version from the Cliff Attack Diorama.

They did use the same animatronic for JP3 as TLW, but the cg shots showed a smaller lighter built animal. The cg was so different even the Spino was different.

Yep, I saw others also pointing this out as well regarding Stan Winston's model being reskinned to represent the Bull.

I was originally hyped for this, but it's definitely lackluster especially given it's release date.

Bread

I was shocked to see that preorders did not sell out, since it's technically the Buck, then I realized the price at checkout...

That's actually ridiculous.

It's cheaper to just get a repaint and slight modification of the nose ridges on the Nanmu Buck than to purchase this model. Unbelievable...

Carnoking

How big is that box?? And where's it shipping from??? Good grief!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Can't be bigger than the Spino's box. P1 is slowly going down on shipping but it's taking awhile. You could wait and preorder at BBTS or somewhere else in country and it will be less.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: