News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

3D Dinosaur Pictorial Book: https://dinotoyblog.com/3d-dinosaur-pictorial-book-the-access/
(I had this one queued ahead of the Schleich reviews, although my Edmonto review is ready now too)

Gwangi

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on March 05, 2023, 08:06:18 PMSchleich Gastonia

https://dinotoyblog.com/gastonia-schleich/

Nice! I added a Happy Hen Toys banner to the top. I've saved the banner as a re-usable block so other reviewers can include it easily in future reviews of HHT samples.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Funk

Cool, I don't know if you got my follow up email, Suspsy, but I had this addition to the Armadon review:

If not too late, could the following text be added somewhere in the fourth paragraph, making a point I forgot: "Unlike ceratopsids and ankylosaurs, Armadon has four large fangs, probably just artistic licence to make him more menacing, but some basal ceratopsians (like Yinlong and even Protoceratops) did actually have fang-like teeth at the front of the upper jaw, so we could pass it off as a throwback. That doesn't explain Armadon's prominent chin, though."

suspsy

Oh yes, I did forget to add that bit, sorry. I'll do it later today when I'm back at home.

DinoToyForum

The images on the new lego post are not working. They don't seem to be image files, rather "webp" files, whatever those are?

Edit. I deleted the webp files but replacement pictures will need to be uploaded

suspsy

That's odd. The images showed up on my laptop and my iPhone, and on one of the Chromebooks here at work. If I have time, I'll see what I can do today. If not, I'll deal with it when I get home.

bmathison1972

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 09, 2023, 12:07:08 PMThe images on the new lego post are not working. They don't seem to be image files, rather "webp" files, whatever those are?

Edit. I deleted the webp files but replacement pictures will need to be uploaded

webp files are images that websites use to prevent others from downloading them.

suspsy

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Gwangi

I can see that image but I see no images on the blog post.

CityRaptor

Here yes. But the pictures don't show for me on the blog neither using Firefox nor Edge. All the other pics do show up, but no the ones for the upcoming Lego sets. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

And can people see the images in the blog entry now?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on March 09, 2023, 01:36:00 PMAnd can people see the images in the blog entry now?

Yep! Thanks for fixing it!

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Figuring out how to use WP was tricky. But not impossible.

Just one more ugly Mattel Pteranodon left.

Also avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum , can a reviewer link unlinked reviews to their name or do you have to do it? I have many more reviews in the blog that aren't linked to EmperorDinobot but were done by EmperorDinobot. There's like 40 or so reviews total.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 09, 2023, 06:19:43 PMFiguring out how to use WP was tricky. But not impossible.

Also avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum , can a reviewer link unlinked reviews to their name or do you have to do it? I have many more reviews in the blog that aren't linked to EmperorDinobot but were done by EmperorDinobot. There's like 40 or so reviews total.

I, yeah, I meant to reattribute those reviews, I'll do it...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 09, 2023, 06:24:37 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 09, 2023, 06:19:43 PMFiguring out how to use WP was tricky. But not impossible.

I, yeah, I meant to reattribute those reviews, I'll do it...

Done, but let me know if I missed any. I think I did do this already, but missed some the first time around because your name is sometimes written in a slightly different format (e.g. a space in the middle).

Fembrogon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: