News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

LEGO- New for 2023

Started by DinoFan2010, November 24, 2022, 03:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoFan2010

No images yet, but we possibly have the names of the upcoming LEGO sets for 2023. They are, as follows:
Allosaurus Malta Rampage
Dimetrodon Mine Attack
Giganotosaurus vs. Tyrannosaurus Rex
Atrociraptor Roof Chase
Therizinosaurus Swamp Attack
Excited for the Allosaurus and Dimetrodon sets, sorta interested about the Atrociraptor set, think i'll pass on the Giga, Theri, and Rex, though.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

BlueKrono

7 years and still no Lego Mosasaurus set... It could be so cool!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Given Lego's track record I only expect the Dimetrodon to be made of mainly new parts. Allosaurus is probably Indominus with a new head.

Saw this when checking for Infos on the upcoming JW sets and thought it would fit here:
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71037-minifiguren-serie-24/152139/
A guy in a T.rex suit. Does that count as furry?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Given that 2023 will be the 30th anniversary of the first JP film, I was hoping LEGO would be doing a series of commemorative sets. Instead, it's more sets based on Dominion dreck.

The Allosaurus will probably reuse the Baryonyx/Indoraptor body. Maybe if we're really lucky, it'll actually have new hind limbs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on November 24, 2022, 11:53:15 AMMaybe if we're really lucky, it'll actually have new hind limbs.

Not a chance. They don't care anymore.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DinoFan2010

Honestly, we need a LEGO Scorpios Rex or Parasaurolophus

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

Quote from: suspsy on November 24, 2022, 11:53:15 AMGiven that 2023 will be the 30th anniversary of the first JP film, I was hoping LEGO would be doing a series of commemorative sets. Instead, it's more sets based on Dominion dreck.

The Allosaurus will probably reuse the Baryonyx/Indoraptor body. Maybe if we're really lucky, it'll actually have new hind limbs.
If anything, they should have done a Demon Carno since they already have a sculpt for it. :-\

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

suspsy

Now here is some promising news.

The Dilophosaurus Ambush: $19.99 | 76958
The Velociraptor Escape: $34.99 | 76957
The Search for the Triceratops: $49.99 | 76959
The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus: $79.99 | 76960
Visitor Center: Attack of the T-Rex: $119.99 | 76961

https://9to5toys.com/2022/11/25/lego-jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-sets/?fbclid=IwAR3fI7dABFI7Ldf1-22fzgTmg37EvECd6TjkKxtxwmoWZjVztLQkYDoxAB8

Presumably the Brachiosaurus will be a poseable figure like the other LEGO dinosaurs as opposed to being brick-built.

Roselaar

Quote from: suspsy on November 30, 2022, 03:20:37 PMNow here is some promising news.

The Dilophosaurus Ambush: $19.99 | 76958
The Velociraptor Escape: $34.99 | 76957
The Search for the Triceratops: $49.99 | 76959
The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus: $79.99 | 76960
Visitor Center: Attack of the T-Rex: $119.99 | 76961

https://9to5toys.com/2022/11/25/lego-jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-sets/?fbclid=IwAR3fI7dABFI7Ldf1-22fzgTmg37EvECd6TjkKxtxwmoWZjVztLQkYDoxAB8

Presumably the Brachiosaurus will be a poseable figure like the other LEGO dinosaurs as opposed to being brick-built.

It all sounds very promising! But looking at the price ranges, most sets may turn out disappointing compared to what Lego could have done with it.
Still, I'm happy they acknowlegde the 30th anniversary of JP like this at all!  :)

DinoFan2010

OOH! We haven't had a proper JP Lego set in the mainline since 2018! I'm excited!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

SpartanSquat

I hope the brachiosaurus will be like the ones from lego jw the game.
It could be weird if its built by pieces like the avatar fauna from the lego line

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm interested to see what the Brachiosaurus and Dimetrodon sets look like...

suspsy

Here's some alleged details about the 30th anniversary sets. Hopefully they prove to be accurate.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-sets

suspsy

GiganotosaurusFan

I don't comment really often, but that Brachiosaurus is so cursed.
WHY DOES A BRACHIOSAURUS HAVE THEROPOD TEETH?!
Honestly, no effort was put into this.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Lynx

I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like after the FK Manor set, the quality went way down for LEGO, oddly enough.
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Me, I'm most disappointed by how the Brachiosaurus's torso appears to be one solid piece with no limb articulation. :(

Avian

Inaccuracies aside, I think that the Brachiosaurus looks very aesthetically pleasing. I find it a bit tedious to worry about accuracy when it comes to LEGO toys meant to resemble inaccurate models in the first place, so I'm pretty happy about how it turned out.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Oh man! A little more articulation might have been nice, but I'm excited by that Brachiosaurus!

BlueKrono

They still sleepin on that Mosasaurus, huh?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: