News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor dinosaurs material

Started by dyno77, March 08, 2023, 08:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyno77

what type of material are the the rebor models made from? alot of times it doesn't list what materials they are made of and it seems to be a mix of some type of rubber and then polyresin...
The titanoboa seems to be made entirely of poly-resin of some type?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dyno77 on March 08, 2023, 08:15:17 PMwhat type of material are the the rebor models made from? alot of times it doesn't list what materials they are made of and it seems to be a mix of some type of rubber and then polyresin...
The titanoboa seems to be made entirely of poly-resin of some type?

The Titanoboa is certainly not polyresin, it's very rubbery flexible material.  There are elements of that in the other models, not sure if it's the exact same material though.  There are harder elements of the figures so maybe a mix for sure. 

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2023, 03:27:46 AMThe Titanoboa is certainly not polyresin, it's very rubbery flexible material.  There are elements of that in the other models, not sure if it's the exact same material though.  There are harder elements of the figures so maybe a mix for sure.

Don't forget, there are two Titanoboas from REBOR, one silicone rubber or some variation thereof, and the resin maquette consuming the crocodilian.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on March 09, 2023, 04:09:50 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2023, 03:27:46 AMThe Titanoboa is certainly not polyresin, it's very rubbery flexible material.  There are elements of that in the other models, not sure if it's the exact same material though.  There are harder elements of the figures so maybe a mix for sure.

Don't forget, there are two Titanoboas from REBOR, one silicone rubber or some variation thereof, and the resin maquette consuming the crocodilian.

Ah the one I ignored since it was basically a large snake eating a croc lol I just assumed he meant the first Monty, isn't that one the only resin piece they made til Extinction?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2023, 04:40:07 AMAh the one I ignored since it was basically a large snake eating a croc lol I just assumed he meant the first Monty, isn't that one the only resin piece they made til Extinction?

I'm not sure, there might be a couple more pieces back in the Oddities line. Didn't they do a Mosasaur/Tylosaur 'skeleton in matrix' plaque that was resin? I might be thinking of another company...

EDIT: It was REBOR.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Over9K on March 09, 2023, 05:18:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2023, 04:40:07 AMAh the one I ignored since it was basically a large snake eating a croc lol I just assumed he meant the first Monty, isn't that one the only resin piece they made til Extinction?

I'm not sure, there might be a couple more pieces back in the Oddities line. Didn't they do a Mosasaur/Tylosaur 'skeleton in matrix' plaque that was resin? I might be thinking of another company...

EDIT: It was REBOR.

That was the one Rebor piece I really wanted, but I never saw them for sale anywhere.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Over9K

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 09, 2023, 05:40:57 AMThat was the one Rebor piece I really wanted, but I never saw them for sale anywhere.

I got that image from an eBay BIN listing for $95.67USD + $29.99 SpeedPak from China. The listing indicates they have one left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165587336390

BlueKrono

Quote from: Over9K on March 09, 2023, 06:07:36 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on March 09, 2023, 05:40:57 AMThat was the one Rebor piece I really wanted, but I never saw them for sale anywhere.

I got that image from an eBay BIN listing for $95.67USD + $29.99 SpeedPak from China. The listing indicates they have one left.

Thanks, but that is far out of my price range. I wonder how much Rebor used to sell them for?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 09, 2023, 06:27:23 AM
Quote from: Over9K on March 09, 2023, 06:07:36 AM

Thanks, but that is far out of my price range. I wonder how much Rebor used to sell them for?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/39158

Fenestra

The Stegosaurus and Baryonyx babies with their eggs are resin as well.