You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon The last time their 7" Godzilla showed up as "in stock" on the website, it was a false alarm. So I'm weary of this supposed restock, as HIYA doesn't seem to be very good at maintaining their website.

Hope Ghidorah will be available for preorder internationally soon though. Right now it's only available to mainland China customers.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Playmates Baragon is up on Amazon, though it's a bit more than retail.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BV1B28N7/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Last ones were a bit hard to find like Gorosaurus.

Mezco is advertising a new Godzilla line with seamless articulation through a metal skeleton inside the figure.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/233872

Fembrogon

Some new monsters for my menagerie:

I was surprised to discover an AliExpress shop that appeared to be selling legitimate Bandai merchandise, including the Gamera 1995 High Grade set from 2021. I kicked myself for missing out on the set when it was originally available, so I ordered these and they finally arrived after a month in transit. They're beautiful; Gamera has been hitting home runs against Godzilla in Bandai's departments recently.

I also had some goodies coming in through Buyee, after Shin Ultraman got me craving more Ultra content:

Mefilas is cool, and I think a lot of the audiences agree; the Figuarts version seems to have sold out pretty early on, and the "Ultra Action" figure pictured here seems to have been going in and out of stock too. Besides some unsightly screw holes in the back, this is a pretty nice low-cost action figure. Now I need to obtain an Ultraman to face him...

Speaking of Figuarts, I had no idea they did a Sevenger or two - and it looks like he retailed for much higher than I nabbed this one for, so I'm glad I found it. He's pretty wobbly, but I love the engineering of the arms and accessories; he's a lot of fun to handle. I rarely pay attention to Figuarts, but this one is a treat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Titanic Toys have put Gorgo up for preorder, just 99.99 plus shipping sculpt is by Dopepope and some cool box art by Matt Frank
https://titaniccreations.com/gorgo?mc_cid=cd477a87c4&mc_eid=cc87c9f8ec

Just ordered mine.

Description

Pre-Order/Crowd Funding
Titanic Creations is proud to bring you Gorgo!

The first officially licensed, fully articulated, Gorgo figure is here!

Gorgo's mother stands 6" tall and 12" long and comes with 26 points of articulation. The figure comes in Titanic Creation's deluxe see-through display box, designed by Matt Frank! The highly detailed sculpt is done by Dopepope and is the first completely film authentic sculpt produced.

Production on Gorgo will begin after 350 Pre-orders have been reached. If this goal is not reached by May 31st, all orders will be refunded.

Along with this, as we are able to get more backers, more add-ons will become available, broken down below.

350 – Production Begins, and Baby Gorgo is added!
400- Unlock Bell Sub Add-On!
500- Unlocks Jet Squadron Add-On!
600- Unlocks Big ben Accessory!
750- Unlocks Light Up Eyes!

Over9K

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 14, 2023, 05:23:46 PMI was surprised to discover an AliExpress shop that appeared to be selling legitimate Bandai merchandise, including the Gamera 1995 High Grade set from 2021. I kicked myself for missing out on the set when it was originally available, so I ordered these and they finally arrived after a month in transit. They're beautiful; Gamera has been hitting home runs against Godzilla in Bandai's departments recently.

I love that HG set, and the MMS GII. Gamera has been getting a fair amount of love lately. I hope the upcoming series is good...

Fembrogon

It's great to see Gamera getting the love - and kind of surreal that we're actually getting a new project! I'm pretty excited for sure.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 15, 2023, 05:22:51 PMTitanic Toys have put Gorgo up for preorder, just 99.99 plus shipping sculpt is by Dopepope and some cool box art by Matt Frank
Tempting, I admit; although $100 is usually well above what I'm comfortable paying for a single figure (hence why I dropped out of Monsterarts).

Speaking of preorders, for those who hadn't seen it yet: Hiya Toys's Godzilla 2019 is now up for preorder at BBTS and elsewhere!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/234822

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 15, 2023, 05:22:51 PMTitanic Toys have put Gorgo up for preorder, just 99.99 plus shipping sculpt is by Dopepope and some cool box art by Matt Frank
QuoteTempting, I admit; although $100 is usually well above what I'm comfortable paying for a single figure (hence why I dropped out of Monsterarts).

I think given the size an all the add on goals if they are reached, 100.00 will be a fantastic deal. You just don't see Gorgo really outside of model kits. That said I just paid a 100 for a Baby Secret of the Lost Legend figure..been wanting one forever.

Giganotosaurus

Diamond Select has revealed new Pacific Rim figures, sadly they are just repaints of their Uprising jaegars. I was really hoping they'd expand and release more of the jaegars from the first film, especially since they have Gypsy Danger releasing soon.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Anguirus and The Last Dinosaur Tyrannosaurus by Dopepope :

dragon53

I was going to get the new Titanic Gorgo until I saw the price of about $100 and size of only 6".
Many years ago, an ebay seller was offering prebuilt Gorgos from the kits that were selling for over $100. I was lucky to get one way under $100 and only had to repaint its eyes to the correct red/orange color. The kit is pretty good except for the head seam.

EmperorDinobot

Might sell it. Bought it to prove a point.

Fembrogon

It's a nifty little figure, although probably still overpriced for the sum package.

EmperorDinobot

Oh, I agree, and the joints are already stressed.

Over9K

X-Plus 30cm RideGoji, from the 3D simulator/attraction at the Seibuen amusement park in Tokorozawa, Japan, attacks my miniature Japanese city, Tohokyo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the Ride design, but the feet looked HUGE. I don't know why they did that really?

dragon53

I hope this is the right place to post this...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on April 19, 2023, 02:31:54 PMI hope this is the right place to post this...

your good. I love dopepope's work.

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on April 19, 2023, 02:31:54 PMI hope this is the right place to post this...

GINO is definitely a Kaiju. Just isn't Godzilla.

Giganotosaurus

Nah, G98 is definitely Godzilla. And arguably, one of the best. I need a new figure of him.
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Giganotosaurus

A supposedly leaked listing of future McFarlane figures has been released on 4Chan, with Pacific Rim figures slated! Wave one supposedly contains the following:

Kaiju:

Knifehead
Leatherback
Otachi
Raiju

Jaegars:

Gypsy Danger
Crimson Typhoon
Striker Eureka
Cherno Alpha
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: