You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medzo

I don't like the upward tilting of the head. But a promising release otherwise. It'll all depend on the paintjob quality at this point.

Gwangi

This Tyrannosaurus looks very promising. Makes me happy I've held back on other recent T. rex figures, like PNSO's and Rebor's. I think this will be the one to get.

Antey

I always dream of the ultimate tee rex. Winter Wilson was close to it. But the most faithful in my opinion is Sue from Blue Rhino. And so Eofauna promises her Sue. If she is the same as Sue in the museum, my soul will be at peace.

Over9K

Quote from: Medzo on March 07, 2023, 03:43:05 PMI don't like the upward tilting of the head. But a promising release otherwise. It'll all depend on the paintjob quality at this point.

I agree. The pose is a little 'meh' IMO, rather like the pose on the recent Haolonggood T.rex, which I passed on, despite being a 'T.rex Collector'.

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on March 04, 2023, 12:51:05 AMI think two colour schemes for the T. rex is only right given that the Triceratops got two.

The Triceratops only got two color variants because of the pose, which enables them to be displayed in a "duel" setting. Therefore Eofauna created two color schemes for the trikes but that's not how they usually handle their figures. I wouldn't expect them to give more than one color scheme to this Tyrannosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Tyrrant lizard King

Is there any information what the figure is going to be casted for the next year? It will be fine if they go for a hadrosaur figure.

Jorgesaurus

Please, please, please Eofauna STEGOSAURUS 2024

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on March 09, 2023, 10:33:51 PMPlease, please, please Eofauna STEGOSAURUS 2024
I love the way you phrase it. I, too, would vote for Stegosaurus in 2024 for the thyreophoran party!

Jorgesaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 09, 2023, 11:57:49 PM
Quote from: Jorgesaurus on March 09, 2023, 10:33:51 PMPlease, please, please Eofauna STEGOSAURUS 2024
I love the way you phrase it. I, too, would vote for Stegosaurus in 2024 for the thyreophoran party!
yes my friend Stegosaurus Eofauna 2024

GojiraGuy1954

I think Utahraptor has better policy ngl.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

"Mr. Armatus, now that you've announced your candidacy for 2024, would you be willing to comment on the death of Thag Simmons, the namesake of your so-called "Thag-o-mizer", of which you seem very proud?"

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Over9K on March 10, 2023, 07:42:49 PM

"Mr. Armatus, now that you've announced your candidacy for 2024, would you be willing to comment on the death of Thag Simmons, the namesake of your so-called "Thag-o-mizer", of which you seem very proud?"

We need to make Laramidia more Thagomizer and less Clubbed tail!

Samrukia

i read on Eofauna's instagram account, in the comment section under the latest post, that in the future they plan to produce Giganotosaurus with a base (same as Tyrannosaurus). wondering if paint app will be updated too, that would be nice

SidB

Quote from: erlectric on April 06, 2023, 09:39:25 PMi read on Eofauna's instagram account, in the comment section under the latest post, that in the future they plan to produce Giganotosaurus with a base (same as Tyrannosaurus). wondering if paint app will be updated too, that would be nice
And an updated skull too, I'd imagine.

Sim

Quote from: SidB on April 06, 2023, 10:37:23 PM
Quote from: erlectric on April 06, 2023, 09:39:25 PMi read on Eofauna's instagram account, in the comment section under the latest post, that in the future they plan to produce Giganotosaurus with a base (same as Tyrannosaurus). wondering if paint app will be updated too, that would be nice
If Eofauna corrected the skull of their Giganotosaurus and gave it lips, I might get it instead of PNSO's 2023 Giganotosaurus.  A new, better colour scheme for the Eofauna version would help sway me to it.

Bread

Honestly would too. I was very against that figure due to its head, and if that is updated/changed then it will surely be tempting to acquire.

SenSx

Quote from: Sim on April 07, 2023, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: SidB on April 06, 2023, 10:37:23 PM
If Eofauna corrected the skull of their Giganotosaurus and gave it lips, I might get it instead of PNSO's 2023 Giganotosaurus.  A new, better colour scheme for the Eofauna version would help sway me to it.

Yes same, lipless and price makes me hesitate to pick the PNSO Giganotosaurus, I alwready have some lipless now if I want an accurate it's with lips, so if Eofauna makes one I'm definitely waiting.

Is that T-Rex really planned for this year 2023 ?

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on April 07, 2023, 09:16:11 PMIs that T-Rex really planned for this year 2023 ?
As far as we are aware, yes. Although I am pretty sure they've been known to reveal their complete figure(s) before the end of the year and collectors won't get them until spring.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I have a little query. I know the query may seem little awkward. But as a member in this blog I am asking this question. I do know the importance of metal pegs to aid better standing of the models with a removable base. But I personally do not like insertion of such beings in the figures. Can anyone suggest me with a detail how I can remove such pegs (by using which tool and its mechanism of application) and filling generated the void by polymer clay or anything else and subsequent coloring?

ceratopsian

But if you remove the peg, how do you plan to keep the animal upright?

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on April 17, 2023, 07:46:22 AMI have a little query. I know the query may seem little awkward. But as a member in this blog I am asking this question. I do know the importance of metal pegs to aid better standing of the models with a removable base. But I personally do not like insertion of such beings in the figures. Can anyone suggest me with a detail how I can remove such pegs (by using which tool and its mechanism of application) and filling generated the void by polymer clay or anything else and subsequent coloring?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: