News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Lynx on April 03, 2023, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: Eatmycar on April 03, 2023, 08:04:34 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 01, 2023, 03:05:32 AMMy review of the Schleich Tarbosaurus.
https://dinotoyblog.com/tarbosaurus-schleich/

NGL I feel kind of bad for this ugly dude getting roasted in the ratings. It's not a great figure but it isn't abysmal.

I still don't get why people spam every. single. Schleich figure with 1 star even if it really isn't terrible. You'd expect that to be given for some of the older Replicasaurus, but this isn't horrible.
Of course "people" don't, only some people, or  maybe quite a few, but not "people" in general. It can be a bit like playground action in an elementary school yard, where kids 'pile onto' the hapless victim. It can be a mob mentality thing, at its worst. Having said this, Schleich, though it is perfectly capable of producing good figures, and has done so, has a proven track record of churning out very inaccurate pieces, thus inviting negative responses. Many folk have come to expect poor or disappointing figures from them. Sadly, a substantial percent of their output has a caricature feel about it. Despite this, I  still have two boxes of Schleich figures, acquired over the years, of which I can say good things. But I've given away dozens to get to this point.

Fembrogon

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Gwangi

Fembrogon

A belated look at the Haolonggood/GR Toys Dicraeosaurus (green ver):
https://dinotoyblog.com/dicraeosaurus-haolonggood-gr-toys/

Gwangi

ceratopsian

That's a well-balanced review.  On a minor matter of classification, it seems a bit weird that the "Brand" is "boxed" as "GR Toys".  As far as I can tell from the packaging, GR Toys has no involvement with the current Haolonggood releases.  Even calling it "Haolonggood/GR Toys" in the title seems somewhat misleading.  Is there any way to get round this?

Gwangi

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 29, 2023, 02:34:06 PMThat's a well-balanced review.  On a minor matter of classification, it seems a bit weird that the "Brand" is "boxed" as "GR Toys".  As far as I can tell from the packaging, GR Toys has no involvement with the current Haolonggood releases.  Even calling it "Haolonggood/GR Toys" in the title seems somewhat misleading.  Is there any way to get round this?

I was unsure what to do about this but I did decide go back and remove/untagged GR Toys. There is no brand category Haolonggood which is the only reason why I categorized it under GR Toys to begin with. But the better solution would be to ask avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum to add a category for Haolonggood.

ceratopsian

Yes, it's a tricky one. In view of the recent spate of releases by solo Haolonggood, setting up a new category seems best.

Gwangi

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot  I noticed you posted a review today. As you can see, I already posted today before you did. Please remember that only one review is to be posted per day.

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on April 29, 2023, 06:35:56 PMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot  I noticed you posted a review today. As you can see, I already posted today before you did. Please remember that only one review is to be posted per day.

Indeed, that is not cricket. Every review warrants at least a day in the spotlight. 

EmperorDinobot

Oh, I see. I had not seen that go up, my bad. Do you want me to delete it and post it tomorrow avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi ?

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 29, 2023, 08:10:42 PMOh, I see. I had not seen that go up, my bad. Do you want me to delete it and post it tomorrow avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi ?

I would appreciate it avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot. Thank you kindly.

EmperorDinobot

Done. I'll put it up tomorrow morning avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi . I think you posted yours mere minutes before while I was making final edits and hit "publish".

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 29, 2023, 08:19:03 PMDone. I'll put it up tomorrow morning avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi . I think you posted yours mere minutes before while I was making final edits and hit "publish".

Thanks avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot . It's not really a big deal to take it down but since you offered I figured sure, why not. We all work very hard on these reviews, they each deserve a day on top. I didn't actually get to read yours but I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. It's an HC figure I'm still undecided on.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Gwangi on April 29, 2023, 08:45:52 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 29, 2023, 08:19:03 PMDone. I'll put it up tomorrow morning avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi . I think you posted yours mere minutes before while I was making final edits and hit "publish".

Thanks avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot . It's not really a big deal to take it down but since you offered I figured sure, why not. We all work very hard on these reviews, they each deserve a day on top. I didn't actually get to read yours but I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. It's an HC figure I'm still undecided on.

If you gotta have them all, get it. If not, save your $.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 29, 2023, 08:47:36 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 29, 2023, 08:45:52 PM

If you gotta have them all, get it. If not, save your $.

That's what I was thinking. And no, I don't have to have them all.

EmperorDinobot

You are in luck, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi . It is not essential.

suspsy

I believe your review can be posted anytime now. Not tomorrow, though, please. That's when my next one is going up!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: