News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Dream - New for 2023

Started by blnadal, March 13, 2023, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not bad, pretty happy with my IS raptors though.  The Pteranodon would be great in say 1:15? If it's not 1k.  The T-Rex Transport would also be pretty cool provided the size and cost work out.

SenSx

Dino Dream is back.
Their products are beautiful but expansive for their size in my opinion.
They don't release new products often.
I still got their first JP1 Velociraptor because it's so great, even if a bit skinny.
I hesitated to purchase the JP2 LW Tiger one, but still haven't, maybe some day ^^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on March 14, 2023, 12:26:39 PMDino Dream is back.
I still got their first JP1 Velociraptor because it's so great, even if a bit skinny.
I hesitated to purchase the JP2 LW Tiger one, but still haven't, maybe some day ^^

The IS one is still up for preorder here : https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/204598

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2023, 03:43:17 PM

The IS one is still up for preorder here : https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/204598

Oh yes thanks, alwready pre-ordered it, it is actually a better deal than the Dino Dream one, same for the previous IS raptors.
I'm just waiting for them to release JP3 ones.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on March 14, 2023, 10:08:16 PM

Oh yes thanks, alwready pre-ordered it, it is actually a better deal than the Dino Dream one, same for the previous IS raptors.

I bought the IS Attacking raptor and the raptors in the kitchen, the best ones they ever made to be honest. I hope the LW Raptor and Blue hold up to the same quality.   Would be great if they made JP3 ones.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 15, 2023, 03:07:14 AM

I bought the IS Attacking raptor and the raptors in the kitchen, the best ones they ever made to be honest. I hope the LW Raptor and Blue hold up to the same quality.   Would be great if they made JP3 ones.

True, the last they made were not that good.
But they made enough JP1 raptors, time to make from other movies.

I picked the Prime 1 Blue, I prefered the neutral pose, it's a great figure, price was really ok.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on March 15, 2023, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 15, 2023, 03:07:14 AM

True, the last they made were not that good.
But they made enough JP1 raptors, time to make from other movies.

I picked the Prime 1 Blue, I prefered the neutral pose, it's a great figure, price was really ok.

True.  I have the big P1 Blue. I think this IS Blue will go well with the other IS Raptors. I wish one studio would do the entire pack in all different poses from JW. For now they are only all together in my Mattel AC group.

ChrisLikesDinos

I have the raptors in-hand, and they're incredible. Great quality, unmatched accuracy, and insanely affordable. These have jumped to my new favorites.

https://twitter.com/ChrisLikesDinos/status/1682991359332851712

CityRaptor

Wait, you are ChrisLikesDinos?

But yes, those are looking good.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

The website linked describes these as resin, how durable do they seem to be? Are they fragile like polystone or more durable like traditional toy plastics?

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 25, 2023, 05:52:44 AMWait, you are ChrisLikesDinos

yup, it's me

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 25, 2023, 07:53:41 PMThe website linked describes these as resin, how durable do they seem to be? Are they fragile like polystone or more durable like traditional toy plastics?

they certainly don't feel soft or flexible; they're proper statues.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana just put up the preorder for the sleeping Lost World Rex in cage :  https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd004

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 06:15:55 AMLana just put up the preorder for the sleeping Lost World Rex in cage :  https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd004
A lot more expensive than I anticipated. Thank you for the link.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on August 02, 2023, 12:41:46 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 06:15:55 AMLana just put up the preorder for the sleeping Lost World Rex in cage :  https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd004

Yeah it's a  bit up there, Lana said it was heavy and required a large box. I was big fan of capture gear something about containing then breaking free really works as an idea. So I had to get it.  At 1:30 it's a bit larger than a Nanmu I think?

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 04:26:11 PM

Yeah it's a  bit up there, Lana said it was heavy and required a large box. I was big fan of capture gear something about containing then breaking free really works as an idea. So I had to get it.  At 1:30 it's a bit larger than a Nanmu I think?
I think Nanmu's Buck is around 1:30 more so than 1:35. Nanmu advertised it at 1:35 but it is much too large to be at that scale. I am pretty sure these will display great together and not too out of scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on August 02, 2023, 04:50:57 PM

I think Nanmu's Buck is around 1:30 more so than 1:35. Nanmu advertised it at 1:35 but it is much too large to be at that scale. I am pretty sure these will display great together and not too out of scale.

Awesome.  I saw a few folks were complaining that the Rex didn't fill the cage as in the film. I went and looked at screenshots and the Rex used for the cage scene has a shortened tail and it's covered in tarp so I think it's more appropriately scaled.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 04:55:36 PM

Awesome.  I saw a few folks were complaining that the Rex didn't fill the cage as in the film. I went and looked at screenshots and the Rex used for the cage scene has a shortened tail and it's covered in tarp so I think it's more appropriately scaled.

Interesting. I've always wanted this set because this movie is one of my favorites, but at this pricepoint I am not sure if its worth it. I'll wait for your in hand photos or your opinion on it before I fully consider it, assuming you may be ordering it?

Also, I did go back and check the scale of this model according to Dino Dragon's review. It's actually bigger than 1:30 scale. Nanmu's Buck is abour 1:28 to 1:29. So hopefully that's not an issue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on August 02, 2023, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 04:55:36 PM

Interesting. I've always wanted this set because this movie is one of my favorites, but at this pricepoint I am not sure if its worth it. I'll wait for your in hand photos or your opinion on it before I fully consider it, assuming you may be ordering it?

Also, I did go back and check the scale of this model according to Dino Dragon's review. It's actually bigger than 1:30 scale. Nanmu's Buck is abour 1:28 to 1:29. So hopefully that's not an issue.

Yes I've ordered it already. lol I've wanted the cage and rex set since seeing The Lost World. I know it's a bit much but your also paying for the cage which is bigger than the Rex even.  They are doing something similar with the next compies, trying to include a cage and crates, if that raises the price this much I'll pass on them, don't need big wooden crates really.

The scale might be ok, I can either display them together or separately.

Bread

Congratulations!

Also, I had no clue about the compies with cages?!? Are those sold separately?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: