News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Europasaurus

Started by thomasw100, August 22, 2023, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Hi there, I am looking for the 3D printing files of the Europasaurus models created by Galileo Hernandez. I had them printed and shipped to me by Shapeways, but what I got from this company was not good. Cheap quality plastics, very thin hollow prints that would not stand and one had a defect at the snout. If I could get hold of the digital files I would be able to work with Dinosauria Creatures to obtain high-quality prints. I have tried to contact GN models Dinosaurs through Shapeways (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/gnmodels?li=pb&page%5Bnumber%5D=2&page%5Blimit%5D=48&page%5Border%5D=asc), but received no response. So any help pointing to the source of these files would be most welcome.

Bread

Funny enough I've got an issue with my current order from shapeways. It is past its date to print and ship, and I've received no response from shapeways for a week now.

In your case, I hope you contacted shapeways and shared images of the QC issues. Hopefully they responded to you, too. Plus a refund was given.

Anyways, regarding the files, I believe they have to be sold to you or Dinosauriacreatures. If so, then they would have to be licensed to sell. But it wouldn't surprise me that Galileo Hernandez wouldn't respond to you or deny the selling of his files.

Wasn't there a scandal going on with Galileo Hernandez at one point?

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 22, 2023, 12:17:01 PMFunny enough I've got an issue with my current order from shapeways. It is past its date to print and ship, and I've received no response from shapeways for a week now.

In your case, I hope you contacted shapeways and shared images of the QC issues. Hopefully they responded to you, too. Plus a refund was given.

Anyways, regarding the files, I believe they have to be sold to you or Dinosauriacreatures. If so, then they would have to be licensed to sell. But it wouldn't surprise me that Galileo Hernandez wouldn't respond to you or deny the selling of his files.

Wasn't there a scandal going on with Galileo Hernandez at one point?

This sounds like the prospects of getting these files are not high. But maybe Miniature Museum or another producer of 3D dinosaur digital models may feel encouraged to create a new model of Europasaurus. I am quite amazed by the sheer number of new models that Miniature Museum is releasing every month. Now they made Dimetrodon and other Permian species in 1:35 scale available. And in June and July they released some 50 models of species that featured on Prehistoric Planet.

edu

Wow, Miniature Museum has great models! How dos it work, T @thomasw100 ? You pay for the file and then... you print it yourself?

thomasw100

Quote from: edu on August 22, 2023, 02:58:23 PMWow, Miniature Museum has great models! How dos it work, T @thomasw100 ? You pay for the file and then... you print it yourself?

I have not directly obtained models or files from Miniature Museum, but have ordered some of them through Dinosauria Creatures. Dinosauria Creatures has obviously a full license for printing and reselling the Miniature Museum models. They also offer finishing services, i.e. assembling and painting through a painting artist with whom they work together. So I ordered complete painted models from them.

edu

I'll check that, thanks! I'd like a chunky Majungasaurus!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.