News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrannosaurus rex AMNH 5027 by David Krentz

Started by postsaurischian, May 16, 2023, 09:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Some in hand images shared of David Krentz AMNH 5027 Tyrannosaurus model.

So this is being produced by Sumeru Studio and originally sculpted by David Krentz. Not like Regina.

These photos were taken at Rare Earth Exhibition in Chengdu, China.

Just noting that this is a mix of 1/18 and 1/35 scale of the models. The 1/35 has a completely closed mouth appearance as the 1/18 has it slightly open. I feel like the 1/18 should have been completely closed since Regina is already an open mouth model, but it's still a lovely looking model.

Compared to their other previous 1/35 Tyrannosaurus models. The other two are not sculpted by David.

I am super excited for this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

QuoteSo this is being produced by Sumeru Studio and originally sculpted by David Krentz. Not like Regina.

Bit confused here? Regina was sculpted by David too? On a computer of course like this one, not like the Sideshow maquette he did by hand. This is his 2nd or 3rd piece I think for an Asian manufacturer?

It looks beautiful as does all of David's work, I'm just not sure I have room for it..and I would want the 1:18 I already have Regina to pair with the Triceratops eventually. Lana is supposed to carry a painted version as well if I'm recalling correctly.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2023, 06:44:54 PM
QuoteSo this is being produced by Sumeru Studio and originally sculpted by David Krentz. Not like Regina.

Bit confused here? Regina was sculpted by David too? On a computer of course like this one, not like the Sideshow maquette he did by hand. This is his 2nd or 3rd piece I think for an Asian manufacturer?

It looks beautiful as does all of David's work, I'm just not sure I have room for it..and I would want the 1:18 I already have Regina to pair with the Triceratops eventually. Lana is supposed to carry a painted version as well if I'm recalling correctly.

Yes Regina was sculpted by David, but I believe David dealt with castings, overviews, shipping, etc. Seems like with this AMNH 5027, Sumeru Studio will be taking care of everything as David just sculpted the original (whether it be 3D or hand sculpted).

As much as I want a 1/18 David Krentz Tyrannosaurus, I have no room for it. I've been tempted to purchase Regina from Dan's as he has a few left, and just have it sit around until I have enough space to get it built and painted. As to why I purchased the 1/35 AMNH as it will fit perfectly with my collection and limited space. I am curious to see your pairing of those models avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, could you share them?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on August 30, 2023, 01:36:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2023, 06:44:54 PM

Yes Regina was sculpted by David, but I believe David dealt with castings, overviews, shipping, etc. Seems like with this AMNH 5027, Sumeru Studio will be taking care of everything as David just sculpted the original (whether it be 3D or hand sculpted).

As much as I want a 1/18 David Krentz Tyrannosaurus, I have no room for it. I've been tempted to purchase Regina from Dan's as he has a few left, and just have it sit around until I have enough space to get it built and painted. As to why I purchased the 1/35 AMNH as it will fit perfectly with my collection and limited space. I am curious to see your pairing of those models avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, could you share them?

Ah ok, that explains it.

I'd love to but they aren't done yet. Regina I've prepped and built, but no paint yet. Not even sure what colors to use. The Trike is still in his box.  I have David's Rex Mundi painted as a bronze and of course his hand sculpted Sideshow piece..I guess technically he also sculpted Rex Mundi as well.

andrewsaurus rex

that's a fine looking T-rex.  Are there built up models offered or is it just kits?

Bread

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon interesting. I would definitely like to see that finished when you are able to. I've seen so many build ups yet each one I'm always amazed.

Also that sideshow piece is really nice. I've been tempted to put some money to the side for a piece like that.

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on August 30, 2023, 05:10:25 PMthat's a fine looking T-rex.  Are there built up models offered or is it just kits?
Not sure as of yet. I believe that LanaTimeShop will offer this, but as of right now it's not 100% since this is a Krentz model but produced by a studio this time around.

If anything, ordering through Dan's Dinosaurs he will ship to any artist he recommends or you'd like to have painted/buildup by.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on August 30, 2023, 05:10:25 PMthat's a fine looking T-rex.  Are there built up models offered or is it just kits?

Lana said they would have a built/painted version.   https://lanatime-shop.com/products/sume003?_pos=1&_sid=56e88dedd&_ss=r&variant=44210312872186

andrewsaurus rex

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.