News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New for 2023

Started by Bread, November 05, 2023, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Not Haolonggood! This is GR Toys, part of their new Life Series. First genus from their new series is, Deinocheirus!

This shows to be 1/35 scale, and the details page image is incorrect with the 1/12 scale. They seem to be more so in the "pvc figure" range instead of "resin statue" like they usually do. Just this is much larger than we're used to, I suppose.

Other images from paleonerd.

GojiraGuy1954

Pretty cool. I have the PNSO one though so I do not need this
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 05, 2023, 12:53:28 PMPretty cool. I have the PNSO one though so I do not need this

My thoughts as well. Not very convinced by the skull reconstruction and musculature either. Seems like the pink colour scheme is inspired by the NHK Japan docu-design?

Sim

The two Deinocheirus look very good!  But like others, I'm satisfied with the PNSO version of this animal.  On that note, PNSO's is already huge, so these two by GR Toys must be enormous if they are in 1:12 scale!  If they keep up the 1:12 scale, I hope they would make smaller animals, I don't want giant figures of large animals.

Samrukia

Quote from: Sim on November 05, 2023, 02:07:26 PMThe two Deinocheirus look very good!  But like others, I'm satisfied with the PNSO version of this animal.  On that note, PNSO's is already huge, so these two by GR Toys must be enormous if they are in 1:12 scale!  If they keep up the 1:12 scale, I hope they would make smaller animals, I don't want giant figures of large animals.

Paleofiguras mentioned that it's 1:35, 1:12 was wrong

Samrukia

Samrukia

Quote#GRHC (GR Hobby & Collectibles -Ex GRToys)| Deinocheirus Line: Life Echoes Series
N°.: LE 001
Material: PVC (Solid*, CE Certified) Size: 35cm Length x 13cm Height x 8cm Width.
Scale: 1:35
Characteristics : Articulated jaw Variants: Grey (inspired by Prehistoric Planet), Red (inspired by Amazing Dinoworld).
Content:1 Figure.
Accessory: SP 01 Diorama Base (Sold Separately).
*Legs are made of a more durable material.
**The 1:12 scale on promo images is incorrect.

seems like it comes with the base, too

Samrukia

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you have the PNSO I just don't see a need for this one unless you REALLY like Deinocheirus. lol

Carnoking

Deinocheirus is one of my favorite ducks at the moment... hmmmm

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 01:17:51 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 05, 2023, 12:53:28 PMPretty cool. I have the PNSO one though so I do not need this

My thoughts as well. Not very convinced by the skull reconstruction and musculature either. Seems like the pink colour scheme is inspired by the NHK Japan docu-design?
And the other one seems to be based on PhP, I wonder if the whole line will have docu inspired color schemes? That would be neat.

Fembrogon

Huh - so is GR Toys doing in-house manufacturing now, or do they just have a new collaborative partner?

Either way these look cool. I have the PNSO, as well as the Safari and the Deluxe Collecta; but I'm all in favor of more Deinocheirus on the market. Depending on the price, I'll definitely consider getting one in the future.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 01:17:51 PM

Think that I'm in this same boat.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

While the sculpt isn't quite as good as pnso's, this is probably the closest we'll get to official documentary based figures for more recent shows, I'm really hoping they continue with this trend of doc based sculpts and paint schemes but with figures that aren't as commonly made.

postsaurischian

I'm curious about what the separately sold base looks like without the photoshopping.

Abobo

Primeval12

Quiversaurus

It looks better from some angles compared to others, for some reason... The musculature and stance, probably?

Carnoking

I'm noticing that it has teeth. That's interesting.

Flaffy

Guess that
Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2023, 01:55:09 PMI'm noticing that it has teeth. That's interesting.

Guess that confirms the lack of attention GR Toys put into their research. Checks out with the wonky sculpt in general.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: