News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: shahinos on April 19, 2024, 07:37:55 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on April 19, 2024, 05:30:23 AMJust ordered the brown one from Lana Time Shop. 65 USD plus 33 USD for shipping to Europe. This is an absolute bargain for such a huge beast. They could have easily charged 95 USD plus shipping and this would still sell like hot cakes.

But that price must be without VAT.

No it is not. I have ordered several models from Lana Time Shop. The shipments are always pre-declared in China for EU customs clearance and when they arrive in Europe they are cleared through customs in just one day, sometimes few hours after they arrive. For regular shipments I have never paid any fees upon delivery. The only exception was the Alamosaurus which was shipped by China post EMS. In this case I had to pay customs dues but not VAT upon delivery. VAT was declared on the shipping label.

shahinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on April 19, 2024, 08:06:35 AM
Quote from: shahinos on April 19, 2024, 07:37:55 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on April 19, 2024, 05:30:23 AMJust ordered the brown one from Lana Time Shop. 65 USD plus 33 USD for shipping to Europe. This is an absolute bargain for such a huge beast. They could have easily charged 95 USD plus shipping and this would still sell like hot cakes.

But that price must be without VAT.

No it is not. I have ordered several models from Lana Time Shop. The shipments are always pre-declared in China for EU customs clearance and when they arrive in Europe they are cleared through customs in just one day, sometimes few hours after they arrive. For regular shipments I have never paid any fees upon delivery. The only exception was the Alamosaurus which was shipped by China post EMS. In this case I had to pay customs dues but not VAT upon delivery. VAT was declared on the shipping label.

To Sweden the cheapest shipping (EMS, subject to additional charges) is 40 USD. So 100 USD plus additional charges. Nope, I don't need it that much.

Ludodactylus

Talking it over with my wife (as I would any hobby purchase that would come to over $100), she is surprisingly gung-ho for the Mamenchi. She normally tends to dislike sauropods because of their typically bland color schemes but she loves the blue.

We'd been discussing plans on how best to display my collection once we move house this summer, and she proposed making the Mamenchi a focal point, maybe displayed right at eye-level or even above that.

So in the space of just a few days it's gone from "it's a lovely figure but buying it will depend on space availability" to "we should organize the rest of the display around it."

So I guess that's my first hobby purchase after we've moved and are settled decided!
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

dragon53

I'm leaning towards the green Mamenchisaurus because the brown one looks like the Rebor Diplodocus. I'm waiting to see more photos to get a better look at the actual colors.

I'm disappointed with the blue Alamosaurus---the prototype blue version was a lot better.

Flaffy

Quote from: dragon53 on April 19, 2024, 02:17:59 PMI'm disappointed with the blue Alamosaurus---the prototype blue version was a lot better.

Still wish the version without the flank squiggles was the final product. Has it ever been confirmed why there seemed to be two versions circulating on the market?

Flaffy

In hand pics of the Euoplocephalus from Paleofiguras

Ludodactylus

What are the two figures on the left they're being compared to?
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Dromaenychus

Quote from: Ludodactylus on April 19, 2024, 02:56:18 PMWhat are the two figures on the left they're being compared to?
Haolonggood's TIANZHENOSAURUS and PNSO's Zuul.

Ludodactylus

Quote from: Dromaenychus on April 19, 2024, 03:12:02 PMHaolonggood's TIANZHENOSAURUS and PNSO's Zuul.

Thank you! That's super helpful - I don't have either but they'd been vaguely on my radar for future additions. Nice to see the colors on the darker Euoplocephalus aren't as close a match to the Zuul as they'd kind of looked from the marketing shots.

SidB

I've been limiting myself to one of each offering for some time now, but these are different and alluring enough, as well as not taking up too much space, that I might just order both Euplo's.

Carnoking

The grey one actually looks really nice in hand. Love the contrast and color transition. Might have to reevaluate my choice here.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2024, 05:01:11 PMThe grey one actually looks really nice in hand. Love the contrast and color transition. Might have to reevaluate my choice here.

Agree. I was sold in the lighter version initially but these pictures have me changing my mind.

Flaffy

Quote from: Gwangi on April 19, 2024, 06:48:27 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2024, 05:01:11 PMThe grey one actually looks really nice in hand. Love the contrast and color transition. Might have to reevaluate my choice here.

Agree. I was sold in the lighter version initially but these pictures have me changing my mind.

Same here. These better pics below pushed me towards the Grey version now. As expected the promo shots obscured a lot of the subtleties in the paint scheme.

Pliosaurking

Yeah the grey certainly looks better than the promo shots. Definitely going to be a hard decision between the 2.

oscars_dinos

I've never ordered from Lanatime shop, Im in the states, has anyone ever had any issues? Or do you think it would take long for the mamenchi to show up on amazon??

vampiredesign

It is not possible to do pre-sales on Amazon, usually it is in stock. If there is stock in the workshop, it is available on Amazon. Regarding the price, this is the platform's commission. Regarding the designer style, it takes time, and it usually takes me over 2 days for you to draw a model. Of course, the new product is about to be released, and I have to busy myself with the work here. It's coming next month, and the new product is also coming soon.^-^

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on April 20, 2024, 05:12:49 AMIt is not possible to do pre-sales on Amazon, usually it is in stock. If there is stock in the workshop, it is available on Amazon. Regarding the price, this is the platform's commission. Regarding the designer style, it takes time, and it usually takes me over 2 days for you to draw a model. Of course, the new product is about to be released, and I have to busy myself with the work here. It's coming next month, and the new product is also coming soon.^-^

Great news that another release will be coming very soon. Now we can start guessing what the next release will be. Out of the species that were teased as more or less complete prototypes, only Stegosaurus ungulatus is left. So maybe this will be the next one?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on April 20, 2024, 05:12:49 AMOf course, the new product is about to be released, and I have to busy myself with the work here. It's coming next month, and the new product is also coming soon.^-^
Oh my, so I will need a new set of shelves for display  ;D I bet we'll get Stegosaurus ungulatus now, as we have seen releases accordingly to previous updates on models shown last year :)
I'll wait a bit for my bank account to breathe in order to get the astonishing blue Mamenchisaurus! Shaximiao and Horseshoe formation is getting quite the attention now  8) I hope for Liaoning/Jehol biota to shine in the near future  ;D  Thanks for the excellent work as always to you and all the HLG team!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: oscars_dinos on April 20, 2024, 01:11:00 AMI've never ordered from Lanatime shop, Im in the states, has anyone ever had any issues? Or do you think it would take long for the mamenchi to show up on amazon??

I've made over a hundred orders with them for a lot more than this figure, they are usually quick to respond, honest and easy to work with.

TlatolophusJuanorum

I made a couple of images filling the models silhouettes, based on their lighter or darker colouration (plus the limited edition Mamenxi)

Lighter paint schemes

Darker paint schemes
It will be fun to see this year progress  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: