News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sauropod News

Started by thomasw100, December 02, 2023, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has published pictures of a Xinjiangtitan model. This is probably from Zee studio and a re-release of the original cast resin model but now as 3D printed model.

andrewsaurus rex

These sauropods basically looked like a plump snake with legs.  Incredible.   One has to wonder how they bent down to drink without tipping forward and doing a face plant.

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has published pictures of a new Ruyangosaurus resin model from KM studio. Available as kit or fully assembled and painted version.

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has published pictures of a new Puertasaurus resin model from KM studio. Available as kit or fully assembled and painted version. This includes two juveniles and and a Talkenauen.

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has published pictures of a new Brachiosaurus 1:35 resin model from Sumeru studio. Available as kit or fully assembled and painted version.

triceratops83

That's a gorgeous Brachiosaurus. Come to think of it, I haven't bought and built a resin kit in years now.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

edu

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 16, 2024, 01:53:37 PMLana Time Shop has published pictures of a new Brachiosaurus 1:35 resin model from Sumeru studio. Available as kit or fully assembled and painted version.

:o WOW That's the Brachio i'd love to have at home! So beautiful! I've never bought a resin kit, how much is this one...?

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has now published pictures of the painted version of the Sumeru studio Brachiosaurus:

BlueKrono

Has the placement of brachiosaurs' nostrils changed since I was a kid?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

edu

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 08, 2024, 01:57:49 PMHas the placement of brachiosaurs' nostrils changed since I was a kid?

Yes, it has!

A summary taken from tetzoo.com:

"As is now widely known, and near-universally accepted, the external or fleshy nostrils of sauropods were almost certainly not located way up on the forehead, far from the front of the snout, as was long thought based on the retracted position of the bony nostril openings. A more 'normal', anterior position for the nostrils was demonstrated by Witmer (2001) who pointed to evidence from blood vessel and nerve impressions and associated cranial hollows, all of which are located on the anterior part of the snout. These indicate the most likely position of the fleshy nostril and associated blood vessel clusters."

BlueKrono

E @edu Thank you! Very interesting.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.