News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Oh wow, those look amazing!

I guess there's always room for one more trike...

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on September 26, 2024, 03:23:16 PMCongrats! It's one of my favourite T. prorsus reconstructions out there. Declay sculpts never miss. I had briefly entertained the idea of getting the statue, but remembered that I have no space nor funds for resin. It is absolutely stunning though there's no denying that.

Thank you, I have been contemplating this for a long time and finally I went for the smaller 1:35 scale option. De Clay studio does also have a new Torosaurus in 1:35 as well and they are working on a Lokiceratops.

Pliosaurking

I quite like both, I'll probably end up getting the blue one I'd say.

SenSx

This looks sooo magestic.
I really don't know if I'll pick it up though, as I alwready own the PNSO triceratops Doyle blue limited edition that I love.

But the HLG looks more refined, I just prefer the colors on mine.

Gwangi

The best accurate Trike in my collection is Safari's and while I like it a lot, I could use another representation of this iconic dinosaur. I never got the ones by Eofauna, CollectA, or PNSO so I'll definitely get this one.

Flaffy

Quote from: Gwangi on September 26, 2024, 04:09:29 PMI never got the ones by Eofauna, CollectA, or PNSO so I'll definitely get this one.

I wish CollectA would retire the whole butt quills already for their derived ceratopsids...

Gwangi

Quote from: Flaffy on September 26, 2024, 04:21:23 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 26, 2024, 04:09:29 PMI never got the ones by Eofauna, CollectA, or PNSO so I'll definitely get this one.

I wish CollectA would retire the whole butt quills already for their derived ceratopsids...

I never liked the butt fuzz either. I don't own a single CollectA ceratopsian. And between Safari, PNSO, and HLG I see no reason to.

Edit: that's not true. I own three but I gave them to my kids. They're currently boxed up in the attic and long forgotten.

Sim

I'm impressed by these new Triceratops.  I wasn't expecting them!  I need to see better pictures of them before deciding whether I'll get any.  I don't have the Eofauna Triceratops as I found them ugly.

postsaurischian

The pic with the grey-white-brown version is impressive. I won't be able to pass :-X .

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh man, this looks amazing! It's a shame it's based on Yoshi's trike, as I have a repainted Eofauna Yoshi already, but I think I may just have to get this anyways and simply pretend it is a particularly impressive T. prorsus specimen lol!

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on September 26, 2024, 04:58:32 PMI'm impressed by these new Triceratops.  I wasn't expecting them!  I need to see better pictures of them before deciding whether I'll get any.  I don't have the Eofauna Triceratops as I found them ugly.

So you are praising Haolonggood for choosing to make a Triceratops and then in another thread you have starkly criticized Eofauna for choosing to make an Ankylosaurus.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

That is a good point lol, Triceratops already has multiple good figures while Ankylosaurus has maybe one, and it doesn't hold up very well.

suspsy

Triceratops already has top tier toys from Safari, PNSO, and Eofauna, and from CollectA too as long as you're willing to overlook the butt fuzz.

Ankylosaurus currently has top tier toys from Safari and PNSO, although the tail on the latter is broken. So Ankylosaurus probably warrants a new toy more than Triceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 26, 2024, 05:22:16 PMSo you are praising Haolonggood for choosing to make a Triceratops and then in another thread you have starkly criticized Eofauna for choosing to make an Ankylosaurus.
Well, not quite.  Firstly, I've made it clear my opinions on these figures are subjective personal thoughts.  Secondly, I'm not praising the Haolonggood Triceratops for species choice, just for looking impressive.  I have almost 0 interest in having another Triceratops figure.  I didn't say that initially as Haolonggood is producing many figures in a year so that one that doesn't interest me much isn't much of a disappointment.  Eofauna however has been releasing figures so rarely that seeing one that doesn't interest me over and over again from such a good company is very disappointing to me.  I wait for ages and then it's something uninteresting to me, again and again.  It's just my opinion.

The PNSO Ankylosaurus doesn't necessarily have a broken tail.  On mine at least, the bend in the tail is consistent with preserved remains of Ankylosaurus: https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Heavy-armored-special-615655175

Gwangi

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 26, 2024, 05:34:08 PMThat is a good point lol, Triceratops already has multiple good figures while Ankylosaurus has maybe one, and it doesn't hold up very well.

Claiming the PNSO Ankylosaurus doesn't hold up well is wild. Everyone was singing it praises less than five years ago. I guess it's all because of that unlikely bend in the tail. Must completely ruin the whole figure!  ::) Jeeze, I remember when the Carnegie Ankylosaurus was the best around, and it stayed that way for 13 years, until Safari released theirs's in 2017.  O:-)

Turkeysaurus

Clearly Haolonggood can do great when they want it.  This is no Xenoceratops.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Gwangi on September 26, 2024, 06:14:17 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 26, 2024, 05:34:08 PMThat is a good point lol, Triceratops already has multiple good figures while Ankylosaurus has maybe one, and it doesn't hold up very well.

Claiming the PNSO Ankylosaurus doesn't hold up well is wild. Everyone was singing it praises less than five years ago. I guess it's all because of that unlikely bend in the tail. Must completely ruin the whole figure!  ::) Jeeze, I remember when the Carnegie Ankylosaurus was the best around, and it stayed that way for 13 years, until Safari released theirs's in 2017.  O:-)

Honestly it's probably just down to my personal preferences, but something about it has always just rubbed me the wrong way. It feels almost too rounded? It's hard to describe but it just doesn't do it for me. Also iirc it's not quite 1:35 scale which is a bit of a deal breaker for me lol.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Also, for the record, our understanding of ankylosaurus has changed a bit in those 5 years lol, which can pretty clearly be seen by comparing the two figures. At the time PNSO's was the best, but Eofauna's really just blows it out of the water anatomically.

suspsy

The PNSO Ankylosaurus definitely has a broken tail. The bend is simply too close to the club for it to be considered correctly. It doesn't necessarily ruin the toy completely, but it does put it behind the Safari version in terms of accuracy. And probably the Eofauna one as well, although I still want to see more images from multiple angles.

Another thing I like about the Eofauna is that its armour is arranged differently from those other two. Not radically so, but certainly enough to make it unique.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 26, 2024, 06:25:32 PMClearly Haolonggood can do great when they want it.  This is no Xenoceratops.

The paint scheme and sculpt look great for sure. But these two circular features on the frill are kind of strange.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: