News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Feathered Velociraptors.

Started by MesozoicJohn, December 30, 2021, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I need to build a force to use as a Monster army in SAGA Age Of Magic and to get figures to play test a new Dinosaur game I have designed and am hoping to market.

I love the Safari Velociraptors but also like, very very much, the Papo Feathered Velociraptors. Now, good as the Papo F.V's are there are a few things about the models that really bug me, namely the very visible joints were the arms (wings?), tail and head fit to the body. However needs must and I had plenty of Milliput to hand so I set about trying to get every thing to flow. An awkward, time consuming task and I have 8 to do!
I decided to do the F.V force as 4 pairs, male and female but to represent a group/extended family. Now at the risk of being burnt at the stake by The Women's Equality Party I will do the males as the more colorful (as per the majority of modem day Birds and Reptiles). The lady's preferring to have the far more sensible duller 'lets blend into the back ground so we don't get eaten/can sneak up on our prey, colour scheme.

Also, while I am at it, I will make each one look a little different from the others and fix/fill the moveable jaw gaps.

Below are photo's showing the first pair. The last two photo's show extra filler added to a couple of places that still showed signs of the joints once the paint had dried.

John :)

MesozoicJohn

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.