News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Models modified by Artists! From various social media platforms…

Started by Bread, July 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edu

I received yesterday my last custom by dinosaur_models_artworks, and it is the best ever. Really happy with it. A couple of flamboyant dilophosaurus, male and female. I thought Haolonggood rendition was really good, but the torso (too short) was ruining nearly perfect figures. So the torsos were corrected, according to the skeletals, and lips added (and the male received a caruncle and larger crests). Color pattern is based in a design by Gabriel Ugueto.

IMG_1948 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_1944 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_1947 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_1942 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_1945 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_1946 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_1941 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

Carnoking

Bread

Fantastic!

I am always curious to see who get's these beautiful creations he produces, congratulations Edu!

edu

He does an splendid job and is a really nice guy. And i like having the models in my showcase. But being sincere, what is really fun for me is the process, deciding what to do with the model, discussing the color pattern, and seeing him make it.

Concavenator

I bet it was not easy for him to lengthen the torso, I wonder how he did it... But yeah, that is the main inaccuracy in otherwise really good figures.

Is the standing Dilophosaurus able to stand now? No pun intended.  ;D After all, I imagine the only reason Haolonggood didn't depict Dilophosaurus with an appropriately long torso was for stability reasons.

And congrats, they ended up looking great!

edu

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2024, 04:58:28 PMIs the standing Dilophosaurus able to stand now? No pun intended.  ;D After all, I imagine the only reason Haolonggood didn't depict Dilophosaurus with an appropriately long torso was for stability reasons.

The fact is it stands perfectly now  ;D

thomasw100

Today, my Tlatolophus from Dinosauria Creatures has arrived. This is a sculpt by VFB paleoart, printed by Dinosauria Creatures and painted by Dinocommissions.

thomasw100

Another beauty is coming my way. Haolonggood Alamosaurus repainted by Dinosaur Models Artworks in the style of the PNSO Alamosaurus.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 29, 2024, 04:10:33 PMAnother beauty is coming my way. Haolonggood Alamosaurus repainted by Dinosaur Models Artworks in the style of the PNSO Alamosaurus.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 29, 2024, 04:58:29 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on June 29, 2024, 04:10:33 PMAnother beauty is coming my way. Haolonggood Alamosaurus repainted by Dinosaur Models Artworks in the style of the PNSO Alamosaurus.

You know how this came about? When my Haolonggood Alamosaurus (I had ordered the limited edition version) arrived, it had paint defects in several places. After some conversation with Lana Time Shop they proposed to send me a replacement. I offered to pay the shipment costs for the replacement copy and I could then keep the one with the paint defects. So I ended up with two and I decided to get the one with the paint defects repainted.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 29, 2024, 07:38:36 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 29, 2024, 04:58:29 PM

You know how this came about? When my Haolonggood Alamosaurus (I had ordered the limited edition version) arrived, it had paint defects in several places. After some conversation with Lana Time Shop they proposed to send me a replacement. I offered to pay the shipment costs for the replacement copy and I could then keep the one with the paint defects. So I ended up with two and I decided to get the one with the paint defects repainted.

If you have PNSO one, they would look like relatives.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 29, 2024, 09:44:37 PMIf you have PNSO one, they would look like relatives.

This was the whole idea behind the repaint. I wanted them to look like adult and subadult. And I plan to display them on the huge Haolonggood base that will come later in August.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 29, 2024, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 29, 2024, 09:44:37 PMIf you have PNSO one, they would look like relatives.

This was the whole idea behind the repaint. I wanted them to look like adult and subadult. And I plan to display them on the huge Haolonggood base that will come later in August.
That Haolonggood Alamosaurus looks amazing with the PNSO scheme on it!

As for the actual PNSO version, Samuel, I was going to buy it 20% off the other day and decided against it, I'm going to save up the money and use it on the Haolonggood version instead...There's something about Samuel that just doesn't look right to me.  His head looks too big for the body size, but ultimately it was the girth at the base of the neck that kind of turned me away from the figure.  Looking at images and videos of the Haolongood it seem that they got the proportions better in both areas and while the base of the neck on the Haolonggood is still massive it's not as wide as the shoulders of the animal like on the PNSO.

the only animal we have today that feeds the same way these guys did is probably the Giraffe and while it has a very thick neck at the base when looked at from the side, if you look at it from the front it has a more flat appearance as it tapers at the top and bottom instead of the circular neck we see on Samuel.  It just seems to me that Samuel's neck is so massive that if he bent down to get a drink of water the whole animal would fall forward.

I'm wondering how the science explains that enormous girth of the neck area on these animals, I'm certain it does otherwise these toys wouldn't be shaped that way, correct?  but the physics of it doesn't make sense to my eye.

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 30, 2024, 02:15:49 PM

As for the actual PNSO version, Samuel, I was going to buy it 20% off the other day and decided against it, I'm going to save up the money and use it on the Haolonggood version instead...There's something about Samuel that just doesn't look right to me.  His head looks too big for the body size, but ultimately it was the girth at the base of the neck that kind of turned me away from the figure.  Looking at images and videos of the Haolongood it seem that they got the proportions better in both areas and while the base of the neck on the Haolonggood is still massive it's not as wide as the shoulders of the animal like on the PNSO.

the only animal we have today that feeds the same way these guys did is probably the Giraffe and while it has a very thick neck at the base when looked at from the side, if you look at it from the front it has a more flat appearance as it tapers at the top and bottom instead of the circular neck we see on Samuel.  It just seems to me that Samuel's neck is so massive that if he bent down to get a drink of water the whole animal would fall forward.

I'm wondering how the science explains that enormous girth of the neck area on these animals, I'm certain it does otherwise these toys wouldn't be shaped that way, correct?  but the physics of it doesn't make sense to my eye.
Is it a 'girth' defect?

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 30, 2024, 02:15:49 PMThat Haolonggood Alamosaurus looks amazing with the PNSO scheme on it!

By Dr.Scott Hartman 2022

PNSO official explains how did they made. Also first comment by Dr. Scott Hartman himself calling it best PNSO reconstruction yet.

With that said, i think you did right. Even PNSO is a great one,  HLG is better per price and it has much impressive size.

I'm desperately try to get one through by a sibling living outside. (I can't order because of my country custom regulations)

Save money on other dinosaurs and buy HLG one. It's one purchase noone should regret.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on June 30, 2024, 02:23:38 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 30, 2024, 02:15:49 PM

Is it a 'girth' defect?
;D LOL
seriously tho, look at these images, (courtesy of stills from DinosDragons videos) they're a still side by side comparison and Samuels neck is about as wide across as the neck on Haolonggod figure which is a much much larger figure.  also the transition from neck to body on Samuel doesn't sit right with me, almost as if two different sculptors were assigned to sculpt the two different body parts (neck/head vs torso) and then the parts where just combined together to finish the figure.  The Haolonggod's neck transitions naturally into the shoulder area in a realistic way.

Here the CollectA Ruyangosaurus displays a more believable transition from neck to shoulder although the transition itself is nowhere near as good as on the Haolonggood figure.  CollectA could've added just a shade more girth right at the base of the neck.  Of course the rest of Samuel is superior, his integument, veins, and wrinkles, paint, etc...all is of a higher caliber but the CollectA is also almost 1/3 the cost of the PNSO.  From the sides all of these figures look splendid, it's this frontal view of Samuel that made me take pause, I don't think I'll be buying him.  Space been an issue I'd still love to have at least one 1/35th scale sauropod in my collection just to stand it next to my 1/35 scale T-rex.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.