You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikimon Nature Technicolour - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, February 11, 2022, 04:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

This photo was first posted to Ikimon's Twitter account back in March 2019, but recent photos shared to STS suggest that this set will finally enter production this year:

tentative IDs:
Apatosaurus
Archelon
Elasmosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Looks good! I like the dynamic poses.

Archelon is an interesting choice for a skeletal reconstruction, too.

CityRaptor

Those bases look rather comically small. Are Ikimon bases always the same size? Because I got a Rockhopper Penguin by them and if the bases are always the same size, it would give me an idea how big the skeletons are.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 11, 2022, 06:53:57 PM
Those bases look rather comically small. Are Ikimon bases always the same size? Because I got a Rockhopper Penguin by them and if the bases are always the same size, it would give me an idea how big the skeletons are.
Yes they are, and I believe I probably have that same penguin.

Halichoeres

The bases are pretty small but they work if you're setting up a miniature museum or something and want tiny visitors to be able to walk around and under the mounts...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

brettnj

Taking orders now for these. Please PM if not on my mailing list.

Thanks.
Brett

And though these are really beautiful--especially the poses for the four that aren't the apato, let's hope the company goes full dino and not just skeletons next time. With these and what the company has done (and will be doing this year) with modern animals as indicators, they'd likely be stunning.  And along with Qualia if that company continues, that would be three Japanese makers producing beautiful miniature prehistoric figures.

CityRaptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2022, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on February 11, 2022, 06:53:57 PM
Yes they are, and I believe I probably have that same penguin.

Thank you.

Most likely. Mine looks like this one:
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Nature_Technicolour_Nankyoku_Rockhopper_Penguin
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Darko2300

Will these be available on hobby sites like AmiAmi and Hobby Search at all?

Halichoeres

avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 hard to say. I've rarely seen them on HobbyLink, but sometimes Hobby Search does carry Ikimon products: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=101&cat=&state=&sold=0&sortid=6&searchkey=ikimon

I expect Brett will have little trouble procuring them, though.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.