News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What I've got for Christmas?

Started by croatasaurus, December 25, 2014, 04:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croatasaurus

Schleich T-rex(2012)

Gorgon

It sems that a have a family of Gorgon's

SpittersForEver

nice figures, I didn't get any dinosaurs but I did get some money which I'll spend on getting some REBOR 2015 1/35 range.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 25, 2014, 05:01:29 PM
nice figures, I didn't get any dinosaurs but I did get some money which I'll spend on getting some REBOR 2015 1/35 range.

Your not the only one.. ( heat gun and shop-vac are ok, but not dinos, it's like my family doesn't know me at all) I did get a few bucks that will be buying some dinos..or at least saurian related things. lol

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2014, 07:04:12 PM

Your not the only one.. ( heat gun and shop-vac are ok, but not dinos, it's like my family doesn't know me at all) I did get a few bucks that will be buying some dinos..or at least saurian related things. lol
Lol, I hope that REBOR will do some more scaly dinosaurs (like the T-rex) and I wish they could be perfect anatomicaly.

Manatee

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 25, 2014, 07:15:08 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2014, 07:04:12 PM

Lol, I hope that REBOR will do some more scaly dinosaurs (like the T-rex) and I wish they could be perfect anatomicaly.
I personally am wishing for some feathered dinosaurs from Rebor. If they are going to keep producing coelurosaurs like their "Yutyrannus," Tyrannosaurus, and upcoming Utahraptor, they ought to be properly feathered.

On a side note, I got quite a large amount of dinosaurs for Christmas- a lot of 2014 CollectAs, the WS Sauropelta and Nasutoceratops, and several other assorted Safaris and CollectAs.

tyrantqueen

I didn't get anything dinosaur related this Christmas, but I'll probably buy myself something instead. I've had my eye on Sean Cooper's beautiful Baryonyx for some time now >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Why do we never get what we want? Do our significant others/relatives think it's feeding an addiction...come on..bring on the plasti-crack! lol  ;D

Paleogene Pals

No dinos, but money towards a new kit, he he.

Gwangi

No dinosaur models here either. I typically don't trust other people to get them for me aside from my wife so I kind of keep my obsession with them low key. Occasionally my sister will send me some but she knows what I like to collect. If everyone else thought they could get away with getting me dinosaurs I would end up with A) Crappy models like Schleich or Chinasaurs or B) Repeats of what I already have. I did get some dinosaur cookie cutters though!

Takama

I did not get much this year. As money is really tight, and we had to satisfy everyone.  The only thing Dinosaur related i got is Peters Jacksons King Kong on Blu-Ray. I already had Two DVDS of the Movie. However I wanted this because it has the Extended Cut, which contains more creatures (including a close encounter with a Ceratopsian and a Gastornis type bird), and you can watch it without leaving your seat.  I already had the Extended cut on DVD, but its divided in half on two disks, and i don't like switching disks in the middle of a movie.

I also got some Cash for X-Mas, and i used it to get two more movies from Amazon ( Valley of Gwangi, and One Million BC)

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on December 26, 2014, 04:22:20 AM
I did not get much this year. As money is really tight, and we had to satisfy everyone.  The only thing Dinosaur related i got is Peters Jacksons King Kong on Blu-Ray. I already had Two DVDS of the Movie. However I wanted this because it has the Extended Cut, which contains more creatures (including a close encounter with a Ceratopsian and a Gastornis type bird), and you can watch it without leaving your seat.  I already had the Extended cut on DVD, but its divided in half on two disks, and i don't like switching disks in the middle of a movie.

I also got some Cash for X-Mas, and i used it to get two more movies from Amazon ( Valley of Gwangi, and One Million BC)

I didn't know they had the extended Kong on Blu-ray, I've only ever seen it on DVD (and I have it in that format). I'll have to keep an eye out for it, certainly a movie worth getting on Blu-ray.

And good choices for your dinosaur movie collection! There has been many a Christmas where I used holiday cash to buy dinosaur movies, it's kind of a tradition to help my collection grow.

sauroid

no dino gifts. just the usual: clothes, shoes, perfumes, watches, other fashion related things, luxury foods, etc. and lotsa cash that i will spend on dino things soon...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on December 26, 2014, 04:50:23 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 26, 2014, 04:22:20 AM

I didn't know they had the extended Kong on Blu-ray, I've only ever seen it on DVD (and I have it in that format). I'll have to keep an eye out for it, certainly a movie worth getting on Blu-ray.

And good choices for your dinosaur movie collection! There has been many a Christmas where I used holiday cash to buy dinosaur movies, it's kind of a tradition to help my collection grow.

I Have a habit of Collecting Prehistoric movies of varying quality. Just so i can have it.  I can watch almost anything and enjoy it.  I was Originally going to get more, like the Land Unknown, The last Dinosaur, Carnosaur 3 (I have the first 2), Raptor Island, and an obscure movie called Future War which was so bad, it made it on Mystery Science Theater 3000, (and it has cheap dinosaurs.)

but i decided to save some of the money to commission original models for Brandem to make. 

As for King Kong. Just look for it on Bluray, all of them will have the extended cut on it

Dinomike

No dino gifts either - but I did buy a Dino atrain figure for my son. So I guess that counts! I will also be receiving a pair of Carnegie Dilophos sometime after New Year's Eve so that's my late Xmas present. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

I really want a carnegie tylosaurus...

Manatee

The only person I trust with getting my figures is my mom, and that's after I give her specific URLs for each one.

MinimumOfMaximum

Quote from: sauroid on December 26, 2014, 05:15:12 AM
no dino gifts. just the usual: clothes, shoes, perfumes, watches, other fashion related things, luxury foods, etc. and lotsa cash that i will spend on dino things soon...

My beloved gifted me fashionable (by her words) watches she ordered from https://lepodium.com/. So yeah, I wear my "Bristons" on the left hand and imagine that I am Silvester Stallone, haha :D

Oh gosh, I think this is awesome when there is humour in marriage and love is alive and strengthens each day.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.