News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Best PNSO?

Started by Duck, December 27, 2021, 10:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Museum-Stegosaurus and Baby,Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus , Triceratops,  Tyrannosaurus Wilson et Andrea.
Prehistoric Line-Acrocanthosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus,Tuojiangasaurus, Ankylosaurus, Allosaurus, Torvosaurus

Gwangi

Quote from: SRF on May 17, 2022, 07:16:16 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 17, 2022, 05:53:25 PMI agree that the Zhuchengtyrannus and Tsintaosaurus are their best theropod and ornithopod. I don't have them yet but they're on my list.

The only thing holding me back on ordering the Tsintaosaurus is its price tag. If it was in the Prehistoric Animal Models line I would probably have purchased this figure already. There are so many factors to judge a figure on to determine which one is best and when it comes to value for money, the Parasaurolophus is superior to the Tsintaosaurus.

Speaking of value for money, the Zhuchengtyrannus is probably PNSO's best figure in that regard. It's also the best engineered theropod figure PNSO has released in the last two years. There are virtually no notable seams on this figure, besides the articulated jaw. The only thing is that we can't really judge its scientific accuracy, but besides Wilson it's the most aestetically pleasing theropod figure from PNSO for me as well. 

It's the same for me. The Tsintaosaurus is fantastic but I consider all the figures in the museum line to be overpriced. I never cared about the fancy packaging or the extras in that line. Still, I might get it on sale someday. I don't have the Zhuchengtyrannus yet because of its similarity to the Tarbosaurus (which I do have) but it's a must have, and the price is about right for that one.

SRF

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I feel the Zhuchengtyrannus is much more like the T. Rex than the Tarbosaurus. Each of PNSO's big three Tyrannosaurs has some features that make then unique, but the Tarbosaurus is the most different from the other two. I definitely recommend getting the Zhuchengtyrannus even if you already have the Tarbosaurus.   
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the best PNSO figures, like most of the figures of each dinosaur company, are the last ones, I really like the tsintaosaurus (which is an honor and a privilege and a gift of life on my shelves), zhuchengtyrannus, iguanodon, torosaurus and of course the acrocanthosaurus which seems to me to be a very scientific and very well finished dinosaur.

Gwangi

Quote from: SRF on May 17, 2022, 08:08:55 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I feel the Zhuchengtyrannus is much more like the T. Rex than the Tarbosaurus. Each of PNSO's big three Tyrannosaurs has some features that make then unique, but the Tarbosaurus is the most different from the other two. I definitely recommend getting the Zhuchengtyrannus even if you already have the Tarbosaurus.   

Yes, I agree with you, although I don't have the T. rex either and never much cared for it. The Zhuchengtyrannus appears to improve on almost everything I disliked about Wilson. I will get it, it's more a matter of when than if.

SRF

Quote from: Gwangi on May 18, 2022, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: SRF on May 17, 2022, 08:08:55 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I feel the Zhuchengtyrannus is much more like the T. Rex than the Tarbosaurus. Each of PNSO's big three Tyrannosaurs has some features that make then unique, but the Tarbosaurus is the most different from the other two. I definitely recommend getting the Zhuchengtyrannus even if you already have the Tarbosaurus.   

Yes, I agree with you, although I don't have the T. rex either and never much cared for it. The Zhuchengtyrannus appears to improve on almost everything I disliked about Wilson. I will get it, it's more a matter of when than if.

I have to admit that Wilson is still my favorite PNSO figure, but I do agree that PNSO has made some big improvements in their later releases, especially of course the skin details. Also the obvious seams on Wilson make it technically a lesser done figure compared to the Zhuchengtyrannus. Paintwise Wilson is by far the best Tyrannosaur PNSO has ever done, but the Zhuchengtyrannus definitely fixes everything that's "wrong" with Wilson, more so than the Tarbosaurus did. By the way I enjoyed your review on that one.
But today, I'm just being father

GojiraGuy1954

Best-

Styracosaurus
Tylosaurus
Machairoceratops
Miragaia
Dunkleosteus
Livyatan
Torvosaurus
Centrosaurus

Worst-

Himalayasaurus
Carnotaurus (Purely for the small size and cost)
Sauropelta (Small, lacklustre paint, expensive)
Nanotyrannus (Invalid genus)
Tarbosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dinoguy2

Ranking only the ones I own, I'd go:

Best:
Triceratops (awesome figure of a very nostalgic specimen)
Tarbosaurus (still the best tyrannosaur ever produced IMO, tho Zuchengtyrannus looks pretty good)
Machairoceratops
Sauropelta (I'm a sucker for small yet in scale figures with glossy paint apps I guess)

I was going to try to think of worst, but honestly the worst PNSO figures I own are still better than any other figures I have of that species so it seems pointless :) I guess I can say my Anchiornis mini has poor asymmetrical paint apps and the Tianyulong is too rubbery and leans over time.

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.