News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Omar the Tyrannosaurus (1/35 & 1/40)- Ancient Era Artistry

Started by Bread, June 05, 2022, 02:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

ANCIENT ERA ARTISTRY MODEL KITS-
"ANCIENT ERA ARTISTRY modern paleoart model kits are sculpted by Matt Ramieri.  Ramieri rigorously researches every species that he sculpts and makes it his mission to make each character as scientifically viable as possible.  He calls his work "Scientifically Possible".   
Matt includes all of the known facts and most up-to-date scientific data to breathe life into the fauna of pre-history.   Alternately, Ramieri believes that each character should have its own personality... an identity that reflects everything from the difficult and tumultuous lives these creatures were forced to live, to the freedom and fancy of young beasts at play.  Matt means to fill in the gaps between the pages of scientific journals with this philosophical point of view, and he drives the path of speculation with the creative freedom of a character designer.   
Each kit produced by Ancient Era Artistry is 3d printed by SLA, high-resolution resin printing technology.  Matt insists on the highest resolution so that his countless hours toiling over the finest details are realized in the end product.  The 3d printing process not only yields the smallest details not obtainable with traditional clay, but it also allows for delicate, intricate parts that would not survive the molding and casting process.  Suoer fine details like tiny teeth and claws have to be fattened up to survive the molding process and to make large enough voids for cast liquid resin to fill.  This makes for "cartoon" almost costume versions of what would have otherwise been beautiful and detailed pieces.
SO, At Ancient Era Artistry, every piece is 3d printed.  In some cases, we will reduce costs by molding and casting the bases of some models.  We do this if the detail in the base is easily retained through the molding and casting process, and we separate, remove, and print details that won't cast easily.  We do not use this process to compromise details, we only do it to reduce cost where it would not affect the beauty and complexity of the model kit.       
From the manufacturer of our Grey Model Resin:
With a matte surface finish, opaque appearance, and precise details, Black, White, and Grey Resins are ready to use right off the printer. Their neutral undertone also makes a great base for parts that will eventually be painted or undergo other finishing processes.
Ideal for:
General purpose prototyping and design
Models with very small features and intricate details
Presentation-ready pieces"

Quoted from their website: https://www.ancienteraartistry.com/

Currently available
Omar the Tyrannosaurus (1/32 scale)

Note: As shown in images, two options are available to select before adding the item to cart.

Link to Omar the Tyrannosaurus (1/32 scale): https://www.ancienteraartistry.com/product-page/scent-in-theair-1-40-scale

The 1/32 scale Omar is not limited.

1/20 scale Omar the Tyrannosaurus
Currently, they are taking reservations/preorders for their 1/20 scale Omar the Tyrannosaurus. You must contact them by email or instagram to place a down payment for the 1/20 scale kit. Again limited quantities are available. I believe only 50 are being made.

Edit: Fixed the advertised scale of the models. Company contacted me with the updated scale calculations. Were very nice and even offered refund to me, but I am still in to buy the 1/32 scale Omar the Tyrannosaurus.

Bread

First full batch of 1/32 scale of Omar the Tyrannosaurus are being fulfilled, should shipped out by end of week - Ancient Era Artistry
——————————————————————————————————————————

Pics of 1/20 scale of Omar.

Bread

Also, there may be a Torosaurus set to be debut  :o Would go well with Omar the Tyrannosaurus

The 1/20 will be set to release sometime in July, no guarantee as delays do happen in this current state of the world.

paintingdinos

This is sorely tempting. I swore off all T. Rex models since backing the big one from BotM, but the running juveniles are really something special... dynamic, charming, love the base (for both of them honestly). Decisions decisions.

Bread

Quote from: paintingdinos on June 05, 2022, 02:40:18 AMThis is sorely tempting. I swore off all T. Rex models since backing the big one from BotM, but the running juveniles are really something special... dynamic, charming, love the base (for both of them honestly). Decisions decisions.
Forgot to mention the twins set. I usually stay away from anything larger than 1/25 so those weren't any interest to me. They do look like splendid models, though.

paintingdinos

Ok, I bit the bullet. I haven't purchase a larger kit in a while and FOMO is real with these limited print runs. I'm excited  :D The test prints on their facebook page look amazing.

Look forward to see what these guys produce in the future. I love how 3D printing has opened the door for so many new artists.

The juvies running for those who didn't click through to the site:

Bread

Congratulations avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos
I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of that model assembled and painted up. Hope all goes well!

Update: Error on scaling. So the 1/35 model is 1/20 and the 1/40 model is 1/32. I'll fix the original post.

Bread

What a beautiful model! Just received mine thanks to Ancient Era Artistry! Very nice and pleasant people to communicate with! You can contact them or check them out on instagram: https://instagram.com/ancienteraart?igshid=NWRhNmQxMjQ=

Man... What a privilege to have this in hand. My pictures do absolutely no justice to this splendid model! The detail is crisp and a quick note that this model is in 1/35 scale (based on Scotty specimen). I've never owned a kit like this and I can say I feel the addiction or growing desire to acquire other kits like this beauty. Luckily, financially it holds me back from doing so lol. Anyways, this model is the fixed jaw version. You can select the disassembled lower jaw on their site and at Dan's Dinosaurs (links below). It is easier to paint the disassembled version, but that is no worry to me. I'll be sending this model to a friend who is going to paint and finish the model for me.

Ancient Era Artistry site: https://www.ancienteraartistry.com/
Dan's Dinosaurs: https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/amp/ancient-era-artistry/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.