You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur footprints found in dry riverbed in Texas, U.S.A

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 25, 2022, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Dinosaur footprints dating from 113 million years ago have been found in a dry riverbed in Texas, U.S.A. The drought in this South West region of the U.S.A has led to the unexpected discovery. The footprints are believed to have belonged to a bipedal carnivorous theropod dinosaur; Acrocanthosaurus, which stood 15-feet tall and weighed seven tons.

Acrocanthosaurus atokensis

Halichoeres

This is a cool find, but the fact that these tracks were exposed thanks to a historic drought tied to climate change gives me the same melancholy feeling as when melting glaciers expose arctic or antarctic fossils.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.