News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

InGen Tyrannosaurus Buck & Doe - Sheer Heart Attack & Killer Queen Requiem

Started by Over9K, September 21, 2022, 10:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Sturisoma

I like. Give me a TLW couple at a good price and I'm sold. Just hoping the tail seam won't be as bad as Kiss and Tusk. I have the disney carno rex, dilophosaurus pair, and stegosaurus, and they all have fairly unnoticeable tail seams. Now, as with Rebor, it is just a matter of waiting......  :))

Lynx

Quote from: Over9K on September 21, 2022, 10:14:45 AMREBOR changes their Facebook cover photo to this...

Interesting. I don't mind another good JP "inspired" figure, (if this may be a teaser), though I wish they would continue on their surprisingly good accurate figures since they made a decent first attempt on one with Kiss and Tusk. Regardless, I am excited about those who are into JP-like figures! The sculpt looks great and seems like a good upgrade for the classic "Killer Queens"!
An oversized house cat.

Pliosaurking

I wonder how their buck will compare to Nanmu's masterpiece
Thus far, they both look good however

Rain

Though I've always wanted a good PVC 'buck' to pair alongside the standing brown rex from Papo, I must admit it's quite comical, and perhaps very on-brand, for REBOR to follow up a very successful accurate figure with yet another JP sculpt. 

Bread

I'm actually curious and excited about this. I love Nanmu's Once and Future King Tyrannosaurus. However, the colorscheme isn't perfect enough to the Buck from TLW.
Although I am fine with the pose and love its difference from other JP models, I'm hoping for a more neutral pose, which Rebor usually delivers.

With Rebor's, I am hoping for of course a better matched colorscheme, more neutral pose, and more importantly affordability. Cause Nanmu's was $80+

Faelrin

Looking forward to seeing more on this. Just from what I can glimpse, the body detail looks much more accurate this time around. Was just thinking that it would be nice to see an improvement on the Killer Queen someday, and well uh, here it is. I don't usually collect unofficial JP stuff, but I think I want to get this to pair alongside the Kiss T. rex, and if I get around to getting that vintage style T. rex, it will be nice having a small display of history's various interpretations of this once great predator.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

It's plain to see that REBOR's approach has improved ten fold when comparing these sculpts to the repetitive texture and minimal wrinkle details on their previous Killer Queen offering. These show a lot of great promise!

Bread

I am pretty sure it's safe to say that these two models will be in a more neutral pose, similar to Kiss and Tusk, followed by Killer Queen previous JP inspired Tyrannosaurus.

Rebor replied to a comment on instagram, a user asking for the poses to be neutral. Rebor replied "Neutral poses are the best poses."

Funny enough, I agree, especially with models like this. We have enough JP Tyrannosaurus models as it is, such dramatic or roaring poses have board me. I don't mind such a more calm/neutral pose for a JP Tyrannosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Neutral is fine with me, I'm getting a bit full on JP/JW Rexes anyway.