News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 ornithischians would we like from CollectA?

Started by Sim, June 08, 2023, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 ornithischians would you most like from CollectA?

Chasmosaurus (new)
8 (22.2%)
Dryosaurus
20 (55.6%)
Edmontonia
5 (13.9%)
Einiosaurus (deluxe)
1 (2.8%)
Kentrosaurus (new)
4 (11.1%)
Heterodontosaurus
13 (36.1%)
Laellynasaura
10 (27.8%)
Liaoningosaurus
6 (16.7%)
Magnapaulia
6 (16.7%)
Maiasaura (without a nest or babies)
17 (47.2%)
Mantellisaurus (standing or walking)
2 (5.6%)
Ouranosaurus
7 (19.4%)
Saurolophus
10 (27.8%)
Scelidosaurus (bipedal)
12 (33.3%)
Scolosaurus
10 (27.8%)
Scutellosaurus (1:10 scale)
10 (27.8%)
Shantungosaurus
13 (36.1%)
Stegosaurus ungulatus
5 (13.9%)
Torosaurus latus
3 (8.3%)
Udanoceratops
7 (19.4%)
Any ceratopsian not yet available as a toy
4 (11.1%)
Any Hadrosauriformes
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Sim

I actually prefer CollectA's Einiosaurus and Regaliceratops to Safari's...  But I hate those filaments on the CollectA figures so I don't have any figure of those genera.

I find it strange that CollectA keeps adding filaments to all their ceratopsids in a position that's different to the Psittacosaurus specimen with them.  The arrangement of filaments on CollectA's ceratopsids is invented, it's not based on science.  So why keep repeating it on ceratopsids as if it was something real?

Samrukia

Quote from: Sim on June 25, 2023, 08:51:19 PMI actually prefer CollectA's Einiosaurus and Regaliceratops to Safari's...  But I hate those filaments on the CollectA figures so I don't have any figure of those genera.

I find it strange that CollectA keeps adding filaments to all their ceratopsids in a position that's different to the Psittacosaurus specimen with them.  The arrangement of filaments on CollectA's ceratopsids is invented, it's not based on science.  So why keep repeating it on ceratopsids as if it was something real?

i prefer CollectA ceratopsians to Safari too (quite an unpopular opinion)
regarding the filaments, I believe that Prehistoric Planet can become a trendsetter and future CollectA ceratopsians will not have those

Halichoeres

So it's kind of a mix. Personally if they ditched what a former member used to refer to as 'butt fuzz,' I'd buy more CollectA ceratopsians, but I'll usually prefer other companies' versions on that basis alone. Their Einiosaurus looks very, very good, and is closer to my scale preferences than Safari's, but I own Safari's because it lacks the fuzz. Generally, though, I'm pretty happy with the existing assortment of ceratopsians from various companies, excepting some basal members of the group who have gotten short shrift. I'd prefer CollectA focused on other ornithischians.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I think the person who called it "butt fuzz" is an active member here.

Halichoeres

Oh, maybe I'm misremembering who called it that. The person I'm thinking of hasn't logged on in over a year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

If only they would ditch the "butt fuzz"!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.