You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Taxonomic Encyclopedia of Collectible Miniatures v.1

Started by Avian, February 12, 2023, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avian

As I am now updating the catalogue to include other companies as well, I will now post future updates in this thread.
Link: Taxonomic Encyclopedia of Collectible Miniatures v.1

The list is up-to-date for the following:

Cadbury
Dino and Dog
EoFauna
Oumcraft
PNSO
Vitae
Yowie Group

Feel free to comment here with suggestions, comments, etc.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

DinoToyForum

Avian

Avian

Update: Have added all 268 "Life: Evolution of Life on Earth" game pieces, labeled by the company name Oumcraft for brevity. Also, due to image hosting and copyright issues the list will no longer include picture links.

Avian

Update: Have added the original Cadbury Yowies, as well as the new Yowie Group lines. In addition, have updated the PNSO and Dino&Dog releases for the past two months.

Crackington

This is a real labour of love avatar_Avian @Avian and makes for a great site. Well done!

Could I ask what your definition of "minature" means in practice? How big can you go?

Avian

Quote from: Crackington on April 23, 2023, 11:37:50 AMCould I ask what your definition of "minature" means in practice? How big can you go?

Scale-wise, there are already quite a few models on the list that are above 1:1 scale. From an actual size standpoint, I am not quite sure yet. I honestly havent come up on a situation yet where the qualifications of miniature were really in question.

Crackington

I guess you would be considering the Kaiyodo mini figures and that sort of size. With Safari, perhaps the Toob figures as opposed to their 1:40 size figures?

Avian

Actually, any of the Safari and Kaiyodo ranges would be added to the list. My use of miniature really just designates any sort of toy, resin model, things of that sort.

Halichoeres

I definitely feel like around here "mini" refers to anything smaller than like a Starlux figure, by convention. But you could use it for a CollectA deluxe pterosaur and be on firm ground, I think.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures