News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur

Started by Gwangi, August 15, 2015, 03:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Marvel's New Female Superhero is MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR

http://nerdist.com/marvels-female-superhero-moon-girl-and-devil-dinosaur/

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on August 15, 2015, 03:20:55 PM
Marvel's New Female Superhero is MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR

http://nerdist.com/marvels-female-superhero-moon-girl-and-devil-dinosaur/

They must have replaced Moon Boy ...but Devil himself has been around since like the seventies...always liked the story myself
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Never read the original comics myself, though I was aware of them. Just couldn't get my hands on any growing up and I must admit that now I have little interest to. Figured someone would be interested in this though, so I posted it.

suspsy

Devil Dinosaur is also currently starring in an ongoing Planet Hulk series as Steve Rogers' partner. He's also appeared in episodes of the latest Hulk and Spider-Man cartoons. So hopefully this new series will do even more to increase his popularity.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on August 16, 2015, 10:50:35 PM
Never read the original comics myself, though I was aware of them. Just couldn't get my hands on any growing up and I must admit that now I have little interest to. Figured someone would be interested in this though, so I posted it.
They were written and drawn by Jack "The King" Kirby...the man who created or co-created half the comicbook world and its characters. Anything he did is a solid investment usually..although Devil Dinosaur issues languished for years in quarter bins . I still have the original set, along with so many other things Kirby did....Forever people, Mister Miracle, the New Gods, etc. If you told people that Jack Kirby wrote the storyline for Star wars a good four years before Lucas ever did they would roll their eyes, until they did the research, but you can make a good case for this as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

I just never got into comic books in general. Didn't even read them growing up. I feel like it was without a doubt a missed opportunity as a child, especially with comic books and their spin-off films and TV shows now being so popular. Something I consider looking into them, but it honestly seems...exhausting! And expensive. I have sooo many hobbies already.

amargasaurus cazaui

Comic books , like dinosaurs can consume your income quite efficiently and quickly depending how and what you collect for certain....as a silver age comic collector that specilizes in hoarding pre 1970 Marvel material I can endorse your comment entirely too well.

dragon53

MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR---Diamond White, Laurence Fishburne and Alfre Woodard will provide the voices for this Disney Channel/Marvel animated tv series about a black teenage genius and her Tyrannosaurus Rex who battle crime in New York.

CityRaptor

Here is a more informative article:
https://screenrant.com/moon-girl-devil-dinosaur-show-cast-diamond-white/

TLDR: Voice cast
Diamond White as Lunella Lafayette aka Moon Girl
Fred Tatasciore as Devil Dinosaur ( sounds )
Sasheer Zamata and Jermaine Fowler as Lunella's parents
Afre Woodard as Lunella's grandmother Mimi
Gary Anthony Williams as her grandfather Pops.
Libe Barer as Lunella's best friend Casey, and .
Laurence Fishburne as The Beyonder on top of his producer role.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

was hoping for a live action show but animated is better than nada

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh, was hoping for more.  Characters look like the new Teen Titans designs which I don't care for.  The emphasis seems to be on Moon Girl more than Devil in the old comics it was more equal.

dragon53

Gwangi

The Moon Girl series dropped on Disney+ and I watched it with my daughter. avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon called it, the emphasis is definitely on Moon Girl. We don't even get a backstory for Devil Dinosaur, he just walks through a portal into modern day Earth and essentially becomes a pet dog right out the gate. I never read any Devil Dinosaur comics but I know that the character has a rich history of his own and I would have liked to have seen that explored more.

The show is definitely not for my demographic. That said, my daughter loved it. And I think it's a fantastic show for kids. Girls and African Americans especially. There's a heavy emphasis on science (which is good) and a lot real world problems and life lessons are taught in an easily digested manner. Example, my daughter has issues with bullies at school and there's an episode about bullying/internet trolls that teaches how to deal with them in exactly the manner I've tried to teach my daughter. I literally paused the episode and shouted at her "see, that's what I've been saying!" On top of that, the music is fantastic and the animation style is very colorful, vibrant, and comic bookish (much to my daughter's delight). So even though it's not so much about the dinosaur it's still a super hero show worth checking out if you have kids.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll check it out on Disney+, sad to be right though.   I have read all the current Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur comics, they are a mixed bag but the stories aren't bad and the art there is ok. There are situations where you can feel you are being preached to regarding race which is just a sign a of the times, everyone wants a vehicle to be heard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dinosaur

Dude is a real character and deserves more for sure. I will say in the Moon Girl comics, she is pretty cold to everyone including DD, but by the latest issues has warmed up a bit.

dragon53

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.