You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Late Cretaceous Mammal From southern Patagonia Discovered, Patagomaia chainko

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, February 06, 2024, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Pity there isn't more of it, but that is definitely an interesting find.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Papi-Anon

So is it safe to assume this is a placental (or at least a non-metatherian cousin to placentals)? I know it's been found that placentals were alive in the very late Cretaceous, and while I'm no expert here, the hips' remains seem to lack any sign of the 'shelf' metatherians usually have in their pubis that is the anchor-point for the pouch tissue (unless this was like Thylacine and presumably Thylacosmilus where the shelf was cartilaginous).
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.