News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatmycar

This Triceratops might be the best trike on the market, aesthetic wise. If I wasn't a 1/18 collector I'd snap this guy up immediately.

What a stunner. The blue one in particular is a standout. How pretty!

SRF

This Triceratops could well be my first HLG figure. To me this is the first time I clearly prefer a HLG figure over a PNSO one. And while I do have multiple Triceratopses from different brands, I don't mind adding this one to the herd.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 29, 2024, 06:29:24 AMWhy did they make Pentaceratops a giant?   Too out of scale for my collection.

I use it as a Titanoceratops, which brings it closer to the desired scale.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: SRF on September 29, 2024, 11:25:04 AMThis Triceratops could well be my first HLG figure. To me this is the first time I clearly prefer a HLG figure over a PNSO one. And while I do have multiple Triceratopses from different brands, I don't mind adding this one to the herd.
I understand this, I felt the same way about the mamenchi, I think were finally getting to a point to where its not a matter of what figure is executed better and is now just a matter of what figures pose and paint you like better (in regards to pnso vs HLG)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe it was the sheer size of the Penta that was confusing me last night. I had thought HLG only had smaller ceratopsians up until the Triceratops.

David Krentz remarked on FB just how much it resembles his newest Trike sculpture and I do agree. Great minds and the like. If your gonna take inspiration it might as well be from the master.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Originally I thought I was gonna get the blue one as the green one was just a bit too green for me, but seeing how yellow it is in person I may just have to get the green variant!

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 29, 2024, 03:48:07 PMI understand this, I felt the same way about the mamenchi, I think were finally getting to a point to where its not a matter of what figure is executed better and is now just a matter of what figures pose and paint you like better (in regards to pnso vs HLG)

For me all of their sauropods beginning with the Apatosaurus are just great. The most important thing is the sculpt of a figure in my opinion. In cases I like the sculpt but do not like the paint design, I am getting this repainted by Dinosaur Models Artworks.

Sim

What did you not like about the Dicraeosaurus?

thedeadlymoose

Flaffy

Choosing between these two is proving to be incredibly challenging. Both turned out to be stunning in hand.