News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 (Park Managers’ Collection Pack out May 16th!)

Started by Faelrin, June 10, 2021, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I know it's getting a lot of negativity over on Reddit, but I'll be buying this pack just for the segisaurus. It's great that they went with a '93 look-- I think the skin might have been inspired by the Jurassic Park Institute art. That's the only official depiction we've had of Segisaurus until today, anyway. I don't really feel like it needs any other distinguishing features since that's probably about as close as we're going to get to what it would have looked like had it been made for the original film.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I thought the '93 skin we have is pretty decent-- unless you mean a clean variant.

I would have liked to see more in terms of film variants like the 1993 parasaurolophus, troodon, and tylosaurus, and the 1997 pteranodon. I think its strange that there are still a few gaps while they've been coming out with so many non-canon species. There's a lot of potential with an Islands of Adventure tie-in too.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Faelrin

avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus I mean a variant like the Camp Cretaceous Kentrosaurus, and Ouranosaurus got, or like the BaBR/Dominion Allosaurus, JPIII Pteranodon, TLW Stegosaurus etc. Which were originally just skins with a unique model (and maybe sounds), but eventually got the full skin and pattern treatment like the default models. The 93/JP Triceratops is a glaring omission. I mean they even gave the JPIII Brachiosaurus its own variant.

Here's a full list of all the variants, and skins with unique models (with substantial differences) without variants. Most of these were added in the Malta DLC update, but some were added afterwards.

With:
-Allosaurus (Malta DLC; 2022)
-Brachiosaurus (2001)
-Dimorphodon (Malta DLC; 2022)
-Dreadnoughtus (Biosyn DLC; 2022)
-Giganotosaurus (Biosyn DLC; 2022)
-Iguanodon (Malta DLC; 2022)
-Kentrosaurus (CC DLC; 2015)
-Ouranosaurus (CC DLC; 2015)
-Pteranodon (2001)
-Stegosaurus (1997)

Without:
-Parasaurolophus (Biosyn DLC; 2022)
-Triceratops (1993)
-Tyrannosaurus (Biosyn DLC; feathered 65 ma)
-Velociraptor (1993/1997, 2001)

I don't mind the Velociraptor not getting variants, but it is a shame the Triceratops at most doesn't.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

@Faelrn That makes sense. Especially as a bigger fan of the original trilogy, I see the legacy variants as the default so it would be cool to have more combinations based on those.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Prehistory Resurrection

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.