You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Director’s Cut of Jurassic Park/World Movies?

Started by Torvosaurus, September 03, 2024, 01:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torvosaurus

Have they released a director's cut of any of the six films? Most films that have exceeded expectations (Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, the first two Riddick films, etc.) have had an extended cut for major fans, but I have never seen any for the Jurassic Park/World movies. I would think the extra cuts with more dinosaurs (or more teeth, lol) would be a big hit with fans, and would drive the sales up proportionately.

Torvo

MLMjp

Only Dominion got an extended cut. It adds the prologue as well as some extra scenes here in there. It makes the film a bit better, specially the first 20 minutes, but it doesn't make the whole product good unfortunatley.

DinoFan2010

I think the only things they really added in the director's cut was replacing the news segment with the Cretaceous prologue, Dodgson's speech to Malcolm was extended, and it added the Lystrosaurus vs. Oviraptor scene.
Also, the Lost World also had a sort of director's cut, which i believe was shown on tv showings, with a board meeting scene after the part where the little girl was attacked by compies.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Torvosaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.