News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What Would You Want Safari Ltd. to Make?

Started by Balaur, October 03, 2012, 12:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 18, 2013, 06:05:28 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2013, 06:02:27 AM
Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 18, 2013, 06:00:57 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2013, 05:55:18 AM
Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 18, 2013, 04:27:36 AM
I would love to see a utahraptor figure, and not just because it's my favorite dino, i think it would be a cool figure ( and it would be great if they made it to scale with some of their other figures )  :)

I'm not sure if there is actually enough Utahraptor material to create a really nice accurate figure though. :/
I know, but i think we need more Utahraptor toys on the market. even on places like amazon and Ebay, utahraptors are hard to find.  :(

Well a lack of material explains why. Safari and CollectA have done one in the past though and if you count the Jurassic Park Velociraptors as Utahraptors then there is a score of em' out there..lol
True, true... but i was going more off comparison, there are allot more say, t-rexes than utahraptors on the toy dino market.

Well comparing T-Rex's popularity to Utahraptor is like comparing Coke-a-cola to say MUG root beer.  It's taking on the KING in more ways than one and it falls short...Rex has also been around quite a bit longer.

If your looking for a good replica though I would still go with the CollectA as it's the most current.

Goldensamuel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2013, 06:12:26 AM
I would love to see a utahraptor figure, and not just because it's my favorite dino, i think it would be a cool figure ( and it would be great if they made it to scale with some of their other figures )  :)

I'm not sure if there is actually enough Utahraptor material to create a really nice accurate figure though. :/
I know, but i think we need more Utahraptor toys on the market. even on places like amazon and Ebay, utahraptors are hard to find.  :(

Well a lack of material explains why. Safari and CollectA have done one in the past though and if you count the Jurassic Park Velociraptors as Utahraptors then there is a score of em' out there..lol
True, true... but i was going more off comparison, there are allot more say, t-rexes than utahraptors on the toy dino market.

Well comparing T-Rex's popularity to Utahraptor is like comparing Coke-a-cola to say MUG root beer.  It's taking on the KING in more ways than one and it falls short...Rex has also been around quite a bit longer.

If your looking for a good replica though I would still go with the CollectA as it's the most current.
You have a very good point. And i just remembered the WWD utahraptor and the famemaster 4D model, so yeah i guess there are a few good ones out there, even if there aren't allot of choices.

tyrantqueen

Well, CollectA made a feathered Utahraptor, but sadly it wasn't very big or particularly well detailed

Geoworld also made a Utahraptor, but I don't really consider any of their stuff worth buying (in my personal opinion)

Even as a Tyrannosaurus fangirl, I think we have enough rex replicas for a while. I would love to see some less ubiquitous species.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 18, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2013, 06:12:26 AM

You have a very good point. And i just remembered the WWD utahraptor and the famemaster 4D model, so yeah i guess there are a few good ones out there, even if there aren't allot of choices.

All depends on what you consider a " lot " bud.. lol some dinos still don't even have one replica.. ;)

tanystropheus

Exotic pterosaurs (e.g. Dsungaripterus, Ludodactylus, Hatzegopteryx). Exotic ceratopsians (e.g. Chasmosaurus, Medusaceratops), Pentaceratops, Einiosaurus). Exotic marine reptiles. Basilosaurus. Prehistoric crocodiles (rat croc, boar croc). Terror birds. Nuralagus Rex. Ornithomimids and hadrosaurs (e.g. Lambeosaurus) - they can go in quite a few directions, as far as I am concerned  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.