You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

first pass at Kosmoceratops (now with better and more photos)

Started by brandem, August 28, 2013, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandem

hey all, though it would upload this here, I wanted to get any opinions, critiques on accuracy, or tips I could to improve the detail of what is going to be a full body sculpt, but I wanted to get your all's input before I went too far,
the eventual idea being to sculpt, cast, and eventually distribute hyper obscure extinct animals 

*so to answer the question this is my first serious sculpt and my first dinosaur sculpt, I'm more of a drawer/painter but usually a birthday doesn't go by that I don't get a block of original sculpy because someone thinks I should sculpt something, so there is always plenty around

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks pretty good to me..do you have a sideview ?

tyrantqueen

Is this your first try at sculpting? It looks very good (from what I can see at this angle)

Nebuloid

Looks good so far ! More pictures are needed though.

brandem

yeah thanks i'll add side, front and top views later today, yesterday I was having trouble with the digital camera, that was the best shot I could get without it blurring, In that respect I wouldn't mind knowing how everyone here gets good shots of figures up close too,

Nebuloid

Quote from: brandem on August 29, 2013, 12:38:04 PM
yeah thanks i'll add side, front and top views later today, yesterday I was having trouble with the digital camera, that was the best shot I could get without it blurring, In that respect I wouldn't mind knowing how everyone here gets good shots of figures up close too,

Just good lighting, preferably outside. And a decent camera helps of course !

brandem

i was thinking natural light would be good, ill just have to settle for a half decent camera though

Blade-of-the-Moon

Outside, natural light is best...and don't zoom in too much..pictures tend to have a terrible time focusing if you do...at least with my crappy Kodak.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.