News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Dino-Pumpkins!

Started by Meso-Cenozoic, November 01, 2014, 02:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Just north of NYC in a little town in the Hudson Valley, they have an annual Halloween Festival. There's an area in it that's devoted to giant sculptures made out of real lighted carved pumpkins. And in that area there's always a section that consists entirely of prehistoric beasts, mostly dinosaurs! I thought they were really clever. And they must be pretty big, because they're made out of full-size pumpkins.

Enjoy and Happy Halloween everyone!  >:D

DinoLord

I wish I had known about this earlier - that Brachiosaurus is awesome!

Meso-Cenozoic

Yeah, me too! I just happened to stumble upon this blog that had an article on it. And I did read somewhere else that it was an annual event. So maybe next year we should get a group together and go up!

Here's a link to that one blog I mentioned. It describes the event in more details.

http://midnightinthegardenofevil.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

Gwangi

That is so cool! Maybe I should try this next year? Doubt I would get far lol! I did carve a T. rex head once, I'll have to share it. Those are fantastic, would love to see them in person.

Arul

That curving is stunning  :o especially the brachiosaur  :)

Paleogene Pals

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.