News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best Triceratops Figure?

Started by Hermes888, December 26, 2013, 05:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2013, 05:09:47 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2013, 04:01:42 PM
Keeping this toy centric..so the Battat is more correct when looking at the feet ?
I don't think so. The Battat has claws on several of some digits where they shouldn't be.

It may have the claws..but the feet look more correct than on any other model I have ( if I recall correctly ).

Gwangi

Keeping this toy centric..so the Battat is more correct when looking at the feet ?
I don't think so. Shouldn't the front feet be facing each other slightly? Similar to how theropod hands should be in a clapping position, but not so extreme.

Despite this I still think the Battat Triceratops has more accurate anatomy than the Wild Safari which is saying something given its age verses that of the WS. Newer models by WS and even Papo seem to be increasingly accurate.

amargasaurus cazaui

If you can follow Jack Horner's example and just call Torosaurus a Triceratops, then one could argue the Safari Torosaurus made for the friends of Sue set is highly accurate and well done. Gorgeous dinosaur
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on December 27, 2013, 09:43:42 PM
I don't think so. Shouldn't the front feet be facing each other slightly? Similar to how theropod hands should be in a clapping position, but not so extreme.

Despite this I still think the Battat Triceratops has more accurate anatomy than the Wild Safari which is saying something given its age verses that of the WS. Newer models by WS and even Papo seem to be increasingly accurate.
WS yes, but Papo...I'm not so sure. Maybe the only reason they're getting the anatomy correct is because they're copying Sideshow, not actually doing any research into these things. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2013, 10:08:19 PM

WS yes, but Papo...I'm not so sure. Maybe the only reason they're getting the anatomy correct is because they're copying Sideshow, not actually doing any research into these things. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling.

Who can say with Papo? All I know is the feet on their Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus are much more accurate than those on their Triceratops.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 27, 2013, 11:36:38 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2013, 10:08:19 PM

I have both of those as well...so i can use them too.

Who can say with Papo? All I know is the feet on their Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus are much more accurate than those on their Triceratops.

amanda

Is there a Sideshow Pachyrhino? Because that came a bit before the Styracho which uses many of the same features.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 28, 2013, 08:02:40 AM
Is there a Sideshow Pachyrhino? Because that came a bit before the Styracho which uses many of the same features.

There is not.  Though it could have been based on Krentz's design in DINOSAUR. Then the Styrac was based on the Sideshow piece at least in part.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.