You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fixes for CollectA Deinotherium and Wooly Rhino

Started by paleoferroequine, December 17, 2013, 07:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paleoferroequine

Nothing much, but The CollectA Deinotherium and Papo Coelodonta antiquitatis-Wooly Rhino have bugged me for awhile so I decided to try and fix them. The rhino's horn was easy, just some epoxy putty, actually the horn didn't bother me as much as the mandible. It is too flat across the bottom. So I built it up, much better.

Now, the Deinotherium however, required a lot more. Off with his head and shorten the neck and reposition the head higher on the torso. I messed with the trunk also, shortened it and thickened the base a bit. I then made the hooves a bit larger. And flattened the orbital bumps.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Simon

Hats off paleoferrequine, wonderful customization work - no one would ever know.

Personally, I would have made the woolly rhino's horn longer and pointier;

Here is an actual stuffed woolly rhino found in a mine in Poland.  The fur did not survive, but the body was perfectly preserved by the oily soil:

The Deinotherium is great, but I would have made the trunk more elephant like but shorter.  I personally don't fancy the short super-thick trunk like you see on the Mojo Deinotherium. 

Zdenek Burian's Deinotherium:

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.