News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Garratized custom TRex/Trike FINISHED PHOTOS!!!

Started by Simon, June 17, 2014, 04:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Here they are - finished by the Master Martin Garratt!!!  The color scheme is based on the original BBC Walking With Dinosaurs ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Simon

Shouldn't be that hard, but who can guess what the TRex beneath-the-customization was?

Patrx

Isn't that the 2011 Wild Safari T. rex? This is significant improvement!

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

We have a winner.  Its the Version 1 Battat TRex with its mouth opened wider, new teeth cut from a Kaiyodo Dinotales Ceratosaurus skull and glued in after the rubber teeth were cut out with an exacto-knife, and the neck lifted up ....

I cut the mouth at the rear, propped it open and filled the gap with putty that I then moulded to fit in with the surrounding area;  same technique was used to lift the neck higher - cut at the base of the neck, propping it up and then filling the gap with putty, then texturizing it.

Really simple.  I did it in one evening because I just couldn't bear to get rid of my last Battat TRex (sold the other 2) or the Kinto Triceratops, which to me is THE best Triceratops sculpt I have ever seen ....

EmperorDinobot

Wow! If I ever get all those new albino dinos, will you paint them for me?

Simon

Here they are - finished by the Master Martin Garratt!!!  The color scheme is based on the original BBC Walking With Dinosaurs ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

EPIC! The trike especially pops with the paint apps and detail. :)

Simon

Yes, it sure does, Blade.  I was unsure if the Trike pose was gonna work (given that its not particularly dynamic), but the way Martin assembled the dio, it looks like its pedaling backwards tentatively, the TRex having backed it into a corner, and looking for an opening ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmmmm..or vice-versa ? Maybe the Trike is pushing Rex back?

Dinomike

Wow! Didn't recognice it as a Battat! An awesome piece!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.