News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

US Yowies

Started by brettnj, September 01, 2014, 10:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

Hey.  It was suggested that I copy and paste this e-mail I sent to my mailing list here.  I have no idea what animals or dinosaurs, if any, are inside the eggs, though I'll know as soon as I get the case to my friend in Australia.

----------------------------------

Hey.

Didn't occur to me 'til now but for those who collect Yowies, starting last month, a set was issued in the US for the first time.  Only 5 US stores carry them.  I checked with four that don't ship. 

But yesterday I picked up a full case of 72 to send to a friend in Australia from the NYC store that carries them.  They are expensive--$5 each there.  They were only $3.50 each at a Midwest stores but again, they don't ship them. 

Not sure how long they'll be around and with so few retailers offering them, though I have no background/experience with these at all, they might disappear and become rare very quickly.

Thanks.
Brett

crankydinosaur

SBell

Info online is sparse, but it looks like they are starting out with familiar-ish moidern animals:

http://www.yowiegroup.com/

But that is how the originals started as well. So hopefully we'll see a broader range of modern animals, and of prehistoric animals, soon enough. But I think they are more like the UK series, as they appear to be one-piece figures.

I notice that they are sticking with the theme of biome-related Yowies too.

Brett, it might make more sense/equal sense to throw a post up on the ATF as well.

brettnj

Sean...

Thanks for the link and already done re: the animal forum.

Roselaar

Are these current Yowies new sculpts or re-issues? Could it be we're getting new prehistoric animal sculpts...?

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 02, 2014, 12:01:12 PM
Are these current Yowies new sculpts or re-issues? Could it be we're getting new prehistoric animal sculpts...?

If you go to the link, you can see some images of the figures--all modern, and all revised sculpts. But hopefully it's just the first wave, and the line will expand.

Hynerpeton

I did want some of the predino s made by them.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.