News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Contacting Paleontologists

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, September 18, 2014, 09:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

[Deleted]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoToyForum

In principle, I'd be happy to chat, but I'm usually too busy to put my thoughts down in writing - it's a bit of a complex topic. There are more routes to consider than you might expect.

If you are in the UK we could meet up some time.

Also, go to palaeontology conferences.  :)

Gwangi

You should join the Dinosaur Mailing List. A lot of paleontologists frequent it including some big names and you could post your request through that, I'm sure some might respond. In addition to that it is also a great resource for papers, news stories, the latest discoveries and general dino-related conversation. I don't contribute much but I enjoy lurking. A great way to stay up to speed with the latest science. Not sure you're familiar with mailing lists but it works through emails where everyone keeps in contact through mass emails.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on September 18, 2014, 11:38:04 PM
You should join the Dinosaur Mailing List. A lot of paleontologists frequent it including some big names and you could post your request through that, I'm sure some might respond. In addition to that it is also a great resource for papers, news stories, the latest discoveries and general dino-related conversation. I don't contribute much but I enjoy lurking. A great way to stay up to speed with the latest science. Not sure you're familiar with mailing lists but it works through emails where everyone keeps in contact through mass emails.

That's how we communicated prior to forums and social media, I'm surprised it is still going actually.

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 19, 2014, 12:00:29 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 18, 2014, 11:38:04 PM

That's how we communicated prior to forums and social media, I'm surprised it is still going actually.

Indeed it was, they do seem a bit rare these days. I've been on this one a few years now but I remember joining my first listserve back in 2000. The dinosaur one is pretty active. I joined that one to fill my need for dinosaur discussion but that was before I came here.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks. I am not able to meet up with you, Dr. Adam, as I am not located in the UK, though sometimes I wish I were. I'll check out the mailing list, it sounds like a good idea.
Save Dinoland USA!

Paleogene Pals

I'm a biostratigrapher who worked with conodonts. I also do outreach involving the paleontology of South Dakota.

Pachyrhinosaurus

[Deleted]
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.