News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Saint Louis Dinosaurs

Started by Takama, August 24, 2014, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Hello All, Last weekend I was taken to Saint Louis again for my Birthday to see some Dinosaurs and Turtles.

The first thing I wanted to do is to find these Sinclair Worlds Fair Dinosaurs that stand by the planetarium in Forrest park

That's all im going to post for now, Next post, I will show you guys the Science Centers Dinosaurs

Gwangi

Turtles? You should show us those too. They are related to dinosaurs after all.

Takama

I will get to them, thogh they will be the biggest ones youll ever see ;p

Here is the Science museum.

You enter on a high floor that overlooks this Dinamation Tyrannosaurus

With a Pteranodon hanging from the Ceiling

Another Shot of the Rex

but that was not the reason I wanted to come here. In a separate room, there was a new Exhibit called Dinosaurs in Motion, which contains Interactive Skeletons. First I will post pictures of the cretures, and I wil uploud some videos I took of them to youtube in order to get them on here.

First one are these Stegocerus Skeletons that the creators call Pachycephalasaurus

Next is a Triceratops with a misshapen skull

Next is this Euoplocephalus, which was called a Ankylosaurus by the creators.

Here's the skull of the T.Rex, Unfortunately I did not get more pics of the body because I saved that for a Video

Ouranosaurus

Para

and a Gastornis, which they clearly knew was a Dinosaur

Next Deinonychus, which is one of a few of these that are controlled with a PlayStation Controller

Next is this Struthiomimus

then this Sauropod

a couple of Ornithomimus

And something that our Admin would love.

There are also two more dinosaurs in the exhibit, but there are not prehistoric

one was a Crane

The other was a Condor, though given its size, I think they could of called it an argentavius

Pachyrhinosaurus

Wow. That's some nice metalwork, even if it isn't the most accurate. 'Uncle Beasley' is interesting as well. I haven't seen the corresponding tyrannosaurus until now.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would love a chance to see the Dinamation Rex in person again.

Takama

Heres some videos.  I did not get all of them so sorry if the one you wanted to see in action is not on video. (sorry Dr. Admin)

Tyrannosaurus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Nu941Fa4s&feature=youtu.be

Gastornis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azp_T_pR-JU&feature=youtu.be

Ouranosaurus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxwbFb0mrEQ&feature=youtu.be

Para
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fefD5RBWhw&feature=youtu.be

And Struthiomimus.   Now I tried to Control this one my self and I put my camera down at a Angle that I was hopeing would capture it well.  It didn't.   Sorry if its a bit shakey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7neo1WXCII&feature=youtu.be

Seijun

sigh... why didnt those exist when I lived in missouri..
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stargatedalek

interesting, unfortunately youtube is blocking some of the videos as "mature content"

Takama

Well I don't understand ???, I swear I did not allow an age restriction for these videos.

stargatedalek

thats alright, I fixed it
youtube is being stupid and trying to block everything lately

great job on the pictures/videos

Takama

Hello all, sorry about a long delay. Gwangi, I will be posting your turtles today.

After the metal Dinos, I got to see these homined footprints

and Brains

Then there was a spot with a bunch of animal skulls, and skeletons

After that I made my way to the bottom floor, were the Dinamation Tyrannosaurus was at.
near the Animatronics, was this Recognizable Skull.

Here is the Big King himself

beside them was this timeline of different time periods

and a Triceratops Skull

here is the T-Rexes Lunch

and a view from underneath the T-Rex head

nearby there was an area with a couple of Dioramas similar to the ones I seen at the Illinois State Museum back in March. However, I did not have time to photograph everything in the exhibits as everyone wanted through and it was getting a little crowded.

The next one was a Prehistoric Swamp Though I assume it was the Carboniferous because of the Arthroplura

But then there was an amphibian that was labeled as Eyrops

It may have been a Mis identification or a misunderstanding on my part since I could not get any more good pictures of that exhibit :(

That was pretty much it for me at that museum, the Gift shop did not have much, just To Kinds of Scuffed up Carnegie Collection models and huge Chinasaurs. but Before I left, I was sure to get a photo of something that I think some of us would like,

Now we move on to the Turtles, Yes Turtles. but there not just any Turtles, there HUGE Turtles.

here's one that was small enough to sit on

among the Turtles was this Ugly Snake

and this Turtle headed Serpent creature guarding Turtle Eggs

a couple of them were hatching

here is the head of that Turtle serpent thing

here are the two people that I thank for taking me to these places. My mom, and her Boyfriend

Finally here is me

That was it for Saint Louis for us. until the next time we go I hope you enjoy what I posted

Gwangi

Those are some pretty big turtles! And that snake/turtle really is quite bizarre. In that last picture you should have climbed into the turtle mouth!

Takama

I Thoght about doing a shot of me in the Turtle, but I was simply too Fat to fit.

Gwangi

We have a giant local turtle too named Gaia, with a garden growing on her back.

Not my pictures.

laticauda

Lets see, Those giant turtles are awesome, I actually like the ugly snake too, and the metal skeletons looked fun.  I think the snake would have been better if it was was a little more coiled and you could weave in and out. 

Nice pictures, looked like fun!

Takama

Thanks

I said the Snake was ugly because it was made out of Rougher Concrete then the rest of the sculptures at that park, and I did not think it was pleasant to look at.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.