News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cryptozoology

Started by Gwangi, August 10, 2018, 05:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizerd

Ho ho ho ho ho  :))
nah its probably just a fat seal.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

stargatedalek

Exploring only 5% of the physical mass of our planets water is, first of all a small estimate, but more importantly is not tied to understanding only 5% of our planets water. We know a lot about the natural constraints of marine ecosystems and about methods and restrictions of evolution, enough to invalidate an awful lot of cryptid claims.

"Real" cryptozoologists aren't hunting for mythological creatures, they're searching for consistencies in stories and portrayals that can lead to accurate identifications, most often of previously documented animals.

Lizerd

Some "real" cryptozoologists do seem somewhat legitimate. But people looking for ridiculous crap is more funny :D
But wendigos are legit, I know they are because I fit the description, I cannot stop eating. Ok but cannibalism in the woods is probably something that did happen.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Derek.McManus

I believe Cryptids provide a fascinating glimpse into the human condition. I would like to see a few quality models though. My daughter claimed to have seen a unidentified creature a few years ago...dark colour about the size of a sheep moving in an undulating fashion...crossed the road in front of her on the way back from collecting pizza! I suspect she misidentified a otter...it was dark at the time.

dyno77

There simply isnt enough quality cryptid figures that are widely available ,either they are very hard to find elusive type figures or they are to small with only 2 or 3 in the series...glad wild safari and papo have made some both in this and the mythology area...they are a break from regular prehistoric figures...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 11, 2018, 07:44:21 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on August 11, 2018, 07:57:43 AM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 10, 2018, 10:36:31 PM
I want Krampus! Or Amphisbanea! I dreamed about it's toy as a kid. Chupacabra would be cool too.

I'm a cryptid fan, but only a very casual one (and definitely not one that believes any of them exist  >:D )

Probability alone dictates that at least some of them may exist. According to National Ocean Service, only 5% of the oceans have been explored.
Actually, 20%. And also, the vast majority of the ocean is just dead, empty space. We have seen most of the active zones.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 10, 2021, 05:41:38 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 11, 2018, 07:44:21 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on August 11, 2018, 07:57:43 AM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 10, 2018, 10:36:31 PM
I want Krampus! Or Amphisbanea! I dreamed about it's toy as a kid. Chupacabra would be cool too.

I'm a cryptid fan, but only a very casual one (and definitely not one that believes any of them exist  >:D )

Probability alone dictates that at least some of them may exist. According to National Ocean Service, only 5% of the oceans have been explored.
Actually, 20%. And also, the vast majority of the pcean is just dead, empty space. We have seen most of the active zones.
Exactly this. Marine cryptids are about the least likely ones to exist because based on what we have explored of the oceans we know the rest of the open ocean that we haven't explored isn't capable of supporting large enough populations of large animals for them to have gone realistically unnoticed. In order to have large enough populations to exist they'd need to range into areas we have explored, essentially.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.