You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Yutyrannus huali replica unboxing+review

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, November 04, 2014, 02:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

Today our fans Rupi Bolz posted an unboxing/review Youtube video on our facebook page

Although the video is in German language, we consider this is a brilliant and detailed review therefore we would like to share this video with other collectors, please check the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1CaIDSv0G4

Also for collectors who want to know more about us, please check out our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/REBOR/555146104612402?fref=ts

Dear Rupi thank you for your wonderful review video, also best wishes to all collectors and fans out there, many thanks for the support to REBOR :)

Alexxitator

My Yutyrannus arrived today and it is indeed a very pretty piece!

But: No matter how I place the guy on the resin slab he will not stand and keeps falling over. His left/hind foot appears a bit off angle.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Raptoress

postsaurischian

Dinosaur Time has it: http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/Replica-Dinosaur-Models/Desktop-Models/2112-Yutyrannus.html
It's strange that it's even more expensive here than it is in Germany, because REBOR is based in the U.K. ???.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur will be stocking the Rebor Yutyrannus (YREX) model.  Product will be in stock shortly, in the meantime, check out this video (English language) that we made about the prototype.

Yutyrannus YREX Review

In this short video, shot in our boardroom, (video is 5:47) we provide more information about this model, the Rebor range and the packaging.

We shall be receiving stock of this model into the Everything Dinosaur warehouse in a few days.

Send us a message or simply email Contact Us we will be happy to provide further information.

Raptoress

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 09, 2014, 05:26:59 PM
Everything Dinosaur will be stocking the Rebor Yutyrannus (YREX) model.  Product will be in stock shortly, in the meantime, check out this video (English language) that we made about the prototype.

Yutyrannus YREX Review

In this short video, shot in our boardroom, (video is 5:47) we provide more information about this model, the Rebor range and the packaging.

We shall be receiving stock of this model into the Everything Dinosaur warehouse in a few days.

Send us a message or simply email Contact Us we will be happy to provide further information.

How much will it cost? I'm very excited to buy it.

Thank you, Postsaurischian!

Pinkamena

I love this model so much! But £40....I can't quite justify that, not at this moment in time.
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Dinomike

I will be getting mine in a couple of days! Can't wait! I always appreciate the overall care put into the sculpting, packaging etc and Rebor seems to excell in this area!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

sauroid

if the packaging would be like the typical Papo/large Schleich packaging, the price might be lowered some.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

REBOR_STUDIO

What's up collectors! Today we have received some breathtaking photos of REBOR 1:35 Yutyrannus huali museum class replica that were taken by a fan, we would like to share these absolutely beautiful and eye-pleasing images with you to show our appreciation to your support, enjoy!

amanda

Quote from: sauroid on November 10, 2014, 04:09:31 AM
if the packaging would be like the typical Papo/large Schleich packaging, the price might be lowered some.

Agreed. I personally could care less abut packaging, as I toss that as soon as I get home. Only the model gets displayed, so knock half the price off, wrap it in old newspaper and toss it to me. Heck tie it to a turtle and point it this direction, no rush. I like the figure fine but no way will I pay more for it than the Papo running Rex. It is not **that** nice, not for 40 plus shipping, sorry. Frankly I'd like the Rex, but it's gonna be even more, so nah.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amanda on November 10, 2014, 11:50:52 AM

Agreed. I personally could care less abut packaging, as I toss that as soon as I get home. Only the model gets displayed, so knock half the price off, wrap it in old newspaper and toss it to me. Heck tie it to a turtle and point it this direction, no rush. I like the figure fine but no way will I pay more for it than the Papo running Rex. It is not **that** nice, not for 40 plus shipping, sorry. Frankly I'd like the Rex, but it's gonna be even more, so nah.
This isn't relevant to the conversation, but I like to keep the cardboard background that you can get from some types of packaging, because it makes nice scenery for photos.

For example I would cut away most of the sides of this box but keep the bottom and the back.

amanda

I can see that. And I guess I can see collectors wanting it all, but I am at a point with available space where I have to decide which figures I will be packing away (or chucking altogether) in order to make room for the nifty Battat and Safari figures this year. I has me no place for backgrounds, etc.  I do understand it, I just have no use for it. So for me, a third of the price of that figure is just tossed in the trash, which makes it less likely I'll pick it up.

DinoG

Quote from: amanda on November 10, 2014, 11:50:52 AM

Yep, hopefully Everythingdinosaur will make it more affordable
Run!

Pinkamena

It would be great if Rebor could make two releases - a 'Collectors Edition' with the fact card, box, snazzy background etc and a 'regular Edition' which could be just in a plain, non-glamorous cardboard box.  I have no idea how much money that would save but it has to be a little bit at least, if it wasn't too much hassle for the company to instigate.
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

postsaurischian

It's the way it is. Either you like their concept or you don't. I personally like it :).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.