News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hoeger Paleowerks

Started by Panzerwerk, October 04, 2014, 01:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzerwerk

Hi everyone , I spent 15 years or so working with 2 different companies making skeletal recreations , I Have decided to get back into Dinosaurs again and make some new items , both Claws and Skulls .

Here is some of my earlier works starting with the first piece I ever sculpted .

This T-Rex plaque was a piece I was asked to do to show I could do some basic sculpting , it is still for sale today , it was never meant to be a
real accurate work of art , but more of a trinket for kids to buy when leaving a museum for a few bucks .
I recently pulled out a first generation cast and made a couple new molds .

Second is a Deinonychus antirrhopus Killing claw , basically sculpted for the same reason as above ,a trinket. this too is a first generation remold from the original sculpture mold , this particular claw seems to have been copied by many folks without my permission LOL

I did several more claws like Therizinosaurus claw , Velociraptor Hand claw , Iguanodon thumb spike and many more !

MORE TO COME !

DinoLord

Very nice work! Ever done anything sauropod-related?

Panzerwerk

I have not made any Sauropod elements YET !!! , but i would like to do some skull models of them in 1/4 scale , the future is bright !

Here is a couple Skull models I did in the late 90's

Allosaurus

Archaeopteryx

Avimimus

And My Velociraptor, which has been copied Many times LOL

DinoLord

Some more great work. I've always been tempted to get one of the 1:1 scale skulls, but I am curious - when people sculpt these skull replicas (particularly the 1:1 ones), what kind of reference material is being used? How much of a sculpt is based on specific fossil specimens and how much is speculative?

Panzerwerk

I am not a paleontologist , but the person i worked for had a extensive library of published material including original literature and drawings of type specimens with reconstruction drawings by the describing Paleontologists  .
All that said , I used as much good information as i could , My raptor skull was sent to New York and was looked at before we offered it to the public , and Madson got a cast of the Allosaurus and blessed it before we offered it , he said it was nice , but not perfect .

So i do try to do the best I can with what i have , I do use "Artistic License" when I have nothing else to go on .

Just remember , I am not doing this for publication , its for fun .

Aaron Doyle

Welcome to the boards!  I own your Archaeopteryx skull sculpt as well as one of the shameless rip offs of your Velociraptor(which I didn't know was a rip-off at the time).  Both are fantastic although it's obvious that the Velociraptor is more roughly sculpted than your original.  Really glad to see you are getting back into dinosaurs.  I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Panzerwerk

Thanks Aaron , I have a buyer for the plaques right now and he requested a Velociraptor and Spinosaurus plaque , I also plan on a Velociraptor killing claw to go with my Hand claw , and a 1/4 scale Ceratosaurus skull , this is my re start plan LOL , and getting my own website up and going .

Thanks again !!

Panzerwerk

Finally got to roughing out the Spino Plaque

DinoLord

Very nice! What scale will this one be?

Panzerwerk

I dont know LOL , I got to measure it LOL