News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Of Uintatheres, Brontotheres, Rhinos, and Arsinoitherium

Started by Bokisaurus, February 01, 2014, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Thanks everyone. It is a marvelous figure, but I think too big for my tastes. I wish CollectA would get of the Deluxe trend and back to Standard sizes...

SBell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 19, 2020, 09:28:42 PM
Thanks everyone. It is a marvelous figure, but I think too big for my tastes. I wish CollectA would get of the Deluxe trend and back to Standard sizes...

I think they should do everything in mini box size. Even the older dinos. Then I could have them all without running out of space and money!

Shonisaurus

The good thing about small prehistoric animals is that they take up little space, can be as detailed as large ones, and are cheaper. In my case, the prehistoric animals of medium / large size and reasonably large are more attractive. But it is my assessment. I like prehistoric animals such as elasmotherium that I can easily view on my shelves although I recognize that dinosaurs and small prehistoric animals are more practical from an economic point of view for a collector and much more manageable when placing them in shelves, as I have already stated, take up less space and also serve as collectible figures and at the same time adorn a shelf.

CityRaptor

And that is why everyone becomes addicted to Kaiyodos once they get a taste of it.  To keep this post relevant: My only Arsinoitherium is the Dinotales Series 7 one. As I mentioned before, I normally don't collect mammals.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Varanops

The Ja-Ru version of the Uintatherium has been around for the devil of a long time, and I still see a copy in mixed bags in the toy section (I can't bypass a toy rack without a look) of Wal-Mart, grocery, dollar, and other stores occasionally.

bmathison1972

Does anyone have images of the CollectA Arsinoitherium next to other rhinos, extinct or extant? Curious how it scales with other brands' 'standard-sized figures'. Thanks much!

Loon

I am so happy to have this, the I-TOY Paraceratherium. So, I figured I'd share some pics here.

With other 1:20 scale figures:

With the only extant rhino I own (Safari White Rhino):

Shonisaurus

I recommend this figure from my own experience. That paraceratherium is much more beautiful in person than in photography. Thanks Loon for sharing those photos.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I am very pleased to own the new TNG Elasmotherium & Megacerops, although there is some question over whether the company plagiarized the designs from higher-end statues, or if they did actually hire the original artists.
(Check out the main TNG thread here for more info on this topic. I'm simply going to post pictures of the models here for the sake of adding to this list.)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Oh! Speaking of supporting original artists, though, the Chalicotherium on my Perissodactyl shelf reminded me I reviewed Michael Eischen's "PaleoSculpture" line recently, including several of interest to this particular thread!
Here's the link to my review if you'd like to know more: Dino Dad Reviews - PaleoSculpture by Michael Eischen

From left to right: Arsinotherium, the Giant Moa, Kannemeyeria, Uintatherium, Pyrotherium, Bison latifrons & B. bison, and Moropus.

The models as they are sold, unpainted.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 30, 2023, 03:35:50 AMOh! Speaking of supporting original artists, though, the Chalicotherium on my Perissodactyl shelf reminded me I reviewed Michael Eischen's "PaleoSculpture" line recently, including several of interest to this particular thread!
Here's the link to my review if you'd like to know more: Dino Dad Reviews - PaleoSculpture by Michael Eischen

From left to right: Arsinotherium, the Giant Moa, Kannemeyeria, Uintatherium, Pyrotherium, Bison latifrons & B. bison, and Moropus.

The models as they are sold, unpainted.
Ooh those look really nice. I've seen them pop up on ebay a few times before but I've always been a little too intimidated to paint them myself.
That being said the Kannemeyeria and the moa are REALLY tempting me. Pyrotherium is also a really interesting pick

SidB

A comparison of some fine examples of Megacerops (Brontotherium); top to bottom - CollectA, Safari, Mojo, TNG:

Nominal sizes range from 1/20 to 1/35:

The overhead image is definitely needed to properly differentiate the size differences.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.