News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tendaguru Formation

Started by DinoLord, February 23, 2015, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Anyone have information on the paleoecology of the Tendaguru formation? Wikipedia doesn't seem to offer much.

I'm also curious about the differences in theropods in the Tendaguru compared to the Morrison. I know that there were some differences in Allosaurus (or Saurophaganax if you prefer) between the Morrison formation and the similar Lourinha formation, and am wondering if there are any differences along that vein with the Tendaguru theropods. In particular I'm curious about Ceratosaurus, as what I've read indicates that it was likely larger in the Tendaguru than in the Morrison. Perhaps it played more of an apex predator role?

Gwangi

I believe the Allosaurus episode of "Dinosaur Revolution" represents the Tendagura formation. That probably doesn't help but I just thought I would throw that out there.

Balaur

Quote from: Gwangi on February 24, 2015, 12:07:28 AM
I believe the Allosaurus episode of "Dinosaur Revolution" represents the Tendagura formation. That probably doesn't help but I just thought I would throw that out there.

Actually it waa the Lourhina Formation.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.