News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello! From a Californian dino fan.

Started by Meatasaurus, March 19, 2015, 04:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatasaurus

I've loved dinosaurs since I was a kid and recently discovered Papo, CollectA and Rebor toys/statues. I'm simply blown away by the quality of today's sculpts! I thought my life had no room for any more hobbies but I was dead wrong!  :P

Here are some pics of my modest, growing collection

If you haven't guessed already, I'm a huge fan of Jurassic Park.  :)

I currently have the Papo Allosaurus, baby Triceratops, Brachiosaurus and Parasaurlophus on order. Also can't wait to get my hands on Rebor's upcoming Ceratosaurus and possibly the Acrocanthosaurus.

docronnie

Impressive pieces! Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

Hi welcome to the forum  :) rebor trex is very intertaining right  :D

Uroplatus

Welcome here, it seems like you already made a good start. :)

Meatasaurus

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

The Rebor rex is indeed awesome. I knew I had to have it the very moment I saw photos of it.

But unfortunatley it already suffered some paint damage on the right leg due to it continually falling off the base that came with it. Which is why I'm using the Papo Triceratops as a base for now. It's far sturdier!

Anybody here have any tips on re-painting? I really want to use the correct type of paint otherwise I might risk damaging my tyrannosaur further.

DinoToyForum

JoeCamaro

Welcome to the forum :)

Dinosaur toys are as addictive as drugs. Man, you start, then you want them all.

Enjoy!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meatasaurus on March 19, 2015, 06:46:17 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

The Rebor rex is indeed awesome. I knew I had to have it the very moment I saw photos of it.

But unfortunatley it already suffered some paint damage on the right leg due to it continually falling off the base that came with it. Which is why I'm using the Papo Triceratops as a base for now. It's far sturdier!

Anybody here have any tips on re-painting? I really want to use the correct type of paint otherwise I might risk damaging my tyrannosaur further.
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Acrylics are fine to use on plastic. You can use artist's tube acrylics, hobby acrylics or even craft acrylics. I've never heard of anyone having a bad reaction from using acrylics on plastic.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.