News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello! New & excited to be here!

Started by JoeCamaro, March 03, 2015, 07:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeCamaro

Hello ladies and gentlemen! My name is Joe, graphic designer from Orlando, FL. I am super excited to be here. I have been in love with dinosaurs since I was a kid. Just recently I started a new hobby, dinosaur toy photography.
It all started a couple months ago when I saw my best friend's kid playing with an old T-Rex toy. I couldn't believe my eyes because I had the exact same one when I was a kid (about 30 years ago). I am talking about the T-Rex made by Imperial back in 1985. I got so nostalgic so I went and bought one on Amazon and it is in mint condition.
I found some awesome dinosaur toy photos online and I wanted to try. I have taken some pictures, but here is the one that got me going, with the dinosaur that started it all for me.
Hope you like it and I will be posting more in the appropriate section later.

Other pictures are more realistic, based on dinosaur brand and model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Glad to meet someone else who loves the Imperial Rex as much as I do!

sauroid

hi. cool vintage rex and photography.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Hi Joe, welcome to the Dinosaur Toy Forum! 8)

tyrantqueen

Welcome to the forum.

That Imperial rex is awesome in its own way >:D

Tallin

Hello and welcome!  I look forwards to seeing more of your photography!

JoeCamaro

Thank you for the warm welcome :)
I'm sure I'll be posting more soon. All I do lately is think about my next photo shoot. I just need the time to do it. I work too much. Just another reason why I decided I needed a hobby.

JoeCamaro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 03, 2015, 07:09:20 AM
Glad to meet someone else who loves the Imperial Rex as much as I do!

Oh I love it! Like tyrantqueen said, it is awesome in it own way. I remember having to adjust from thinking that the T-Rex was a slow tail-dragging beast that stood up and walked almost completely vertically to a more agile and dynamic animal.
Not only it reminds me that science is an ever-changing thing and that we have to be open to new things and ideas, but it also brings memories of my childhood.

On the same note, I still have a pin I bought on the Kennedy Space Center that list Pluto as a planet. Go home science, you are drunk! LoL

triceratops83

Hey nice to meet you! And the old school, upright, tail dragging Tyrannosaurs will always be the best!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Doug Watson

Welcome, but be careful once you catch the dinosaur collecting bug there is no going back! I like your name too is that your last name or do you own one? I like Camaros and dinosaurs.

JoeCamaro

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 03, 2015, 01:42:21 PM
Hey nice to meet you! And the old school, upright, tail dragging Tyrannosaurs will always be the best!

Right! Nice to meet you too!

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 03, 2015, 02:22:44 PM
Welcome, but be careful once you catch the dinosaur collecting bug there is no going back! I like your name too is that your last name or do you own one? I like Camaros and dinosaurs.

Tell me about it! I can't stop searching for them on ebay, amazon and local stores. I'm not buying them yet, but building my wishlist.

About my name, I used to own a 1975 Camaro back in 2005. I was in college then and I used to have different Camaro belt buckles and other wearables and JoeCamaro  was my nickname. It stuck and I have been using it as my nickname in the online world ever since. I love everything that has to do with muscle cars, with the 1970-72 Chevelle and 1979 Firebird being my favorites. I owned a 1971 Chevelle 1 before the Camaro.

Patrx

JoeCamaro

Doug Watson

Quote from: JoeCamaro on March 03, 2015, 03:06:59 PM
About my name, I used to own a 1975 Camaro back in 2005. I was in college then and I used to have different Camaro belt buckles and other wearables and JoeCamaro  was my nickname. It stuck and I have been using it as my nickname in the online world ever since. I love everything that has to do with muscle cars, with the 1970-72 Chevelle and 1979 Firebird being my favorites. I owned a 1971 Chevelle 1 before the Camaro.

Oh man, you are talking my language. I was a child of the 60s so when THE year of the muscle car came along in 1970 I was drool city. My older brother and his friends owned many of those classics. My favourite years for the Camaro were 70 to 73 and I am still trying to talk my wife into letting me get a 78 Vette while they are still affordable. You owned a 71 Chevelle! SS 454 the dream ahhhhhh. Better stop or start a new thread "Dream cars of Dino toy collectors"

Patrx

Arul

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.