News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo Re-releasing Old Araki Kits?

Started by Darko2300, April 22, 2012, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brontodocus on April 25, 2012, 01:43:15 PM
Or is it because available space is an issue? If they re-release all of the 1:20 versions (so that's twelve altogether?) I guess I'm not the only one who will most likely buy them all (although I'll probably stick to only one paint version). Thinking of the possibility to get the whole 1:20 series for perhaps a little over €300/$400 would probably drive all available shelf space to extinction... ;D And they've only just begun. What are we supposed to do when they also start reoffering the Aqualand series? We're doomed! :'( >:D

I think you could all of these of one tall shelf..the Brachio would be an issue unless you had the room for it on top. I just had to buy both versions of the Allo..maybe one will end up a custom project.. ;) ;D

I can see money being an issue..but these guys are only about a 4th of what I've seen the older kits go for and of course the cost is no way close to other big statues.  I think it's do-able. :)

There are also some pieces not shown there in that pic I'm pretty sure. I know  I saw a vinyl Mosasaur once, the Styracosaurus isn't there, and I know there was another Velociraptor feeding on a Protoceratops carcass in an old catalog I had. :?

Himmapaan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 05:40:16 PM
...I know there was another Velociraptor feeding on a Protoceratops carcass in an old catalog I had. :?
That is probably the resin kit. I managed to get one a while ago.  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
Hmm..I think all of them were once released as prepainted pieces..

As far as I know there haven't been pre-painted versions of Kentrosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Saltasaurus & Elasmosaurus. I'm also still not sure about the Stegosaurus. But I may be wrong.

....... If they re-release all of the 1:20 versions (so that's twelve altogether?) I guess I'm not the only one who will most likely buy them all .......
....... We're doomed! :'( >:D

Yes, we are ;D!!
..... but talking again about this series alone is exciting. This is a true milestone in Dinosaur Toy History :), the figures were far ahead of their time and wonderfully sculpted.

There's also the Styracosaurus, which had already been cancelled by the time this ad was released. I'm pretty sure there aren't any more in this series.
Having already 7 of these beauties I'd say they should only re-release the ones I don't have ;D >:D - just joking, of course. The Allosaurus seems to be a successful improvement :)! ....... and I have to get it again ::) ^-^.
A re-release of the Brachiosaurus would be awesome (Blade, you surely love that one - it's huuuge ;D)! I've been hunting it for about three years now and each time I saw one (in fact I only saw it twice) it was way too expensive. Even in Japan they pay higher prices for this one than Battat's Diplodocus fetches in the Western hemisphere.

Speaking of the 1:20 Tyrannosaurus re-release - I would have preferred the 1:35 version which I'm still vehemently looking for.

There are also some pieces not shown there in that pic I'm pretty sure. I know  I saw a vinyl Mosasaur once, the Styracosaurus isn't there, and I know there was another Velociraptor feeding on a Protoceratops carcass in an old catalog I had. :?

The Velociraptor / Protoceratops model is not from the Dinoland 1:20 vinyl series and a Vinyl Mosasaur :o!! I'd love to see that one :D!

Seijun

Oh, please please let them be re-releasing the whole series! That would be awesome! I love the striding rex and the brachi. The kentro looks nice also, but I've NEVER seen one before other than in this catalog pic.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 25, 2012, 05:24:31 PM
Space and cash, alas.

Yup. Same here. But if that was not the case:

And they've only just begun. What are we supposed to do when they also start reoffering the Aqualand series? We're doomed! :'( >:D

Speak for yourself. I would skip that one! *orthocone*

Those re-releases are interesting. Do you think it would mean that we could get re-releases of other series, aswell as a new series of Dinotales?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Joel

Let me know if and when they re-release their skeletons, because I ain't buying those horrible recasts (I don't mean these re-releases, I mean those skeleton recasts).

CityRaptor

Aren't those recasts illegal anyways?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Joel

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 25, 2012, 11:24:41 PM
Aren't those recasts illegal anyways?
Yes, which goes hand in hand with the reason why I won't buy them; they're ripping off those people who worked so hard to sculpt the models in the first place. The fact that the recasts are poor quality (I've seen the pictures) is irrelevant, because they can improve the casting process. I've tried sculpting dinosaurs before, and let me tell you, I truly understand why they are so expensive. All of the planning and all of the sculpting skill takes years to acquire.

With that said, I really hope they re-release the Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops skeletons. They were just so cool, and I feel bad that I missed out (I was too young when they were initially released).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 25, 2012, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
Hmm..I think all of them were once released as prepainted pieces..

As far as I know there haven't been pre-painted versions of Kentrosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Saltasaurus & Elasmosaurus. I'm also still not sure about the Stegosaurus. But I may be wrong.

....... If they re-release all of the 1:20 versions (so that's twelve altogether?) I guess I'm not the only one who will most likely buy them all .......
....... We're doomed! :'( >:D

Yes, we are ;D!!
..... but talking again about this series alone is exciting. This is a true milestone in Dinosaur Toy History :), the figures were far ahead of their time and wonderfully sculpted.

There's also the Styracosaurus, which had already been cancelled by the time this ad was released. I'm pretty sure there aren't any more in this series.
Having already 7 of these beauties I'd say they should only re-release the ones I don't have ;D >:D - just joking, of course. The Allosaurus seems to be a successful improvement :)! ....... and I have to get it again ::) ^-^.
A re-release of the Brachiosaurus would be awesome (Blade, you surely love that one - it's huuuge ;D)! I've been hunting it for about three years now and each time I saw one (in fact I only saw it twice) it was way too expensive. Even in Japan they pay higher prices for this one than Battat's Diplodocus fetches in the Western hemisphere.

Speaking of the 1:20 Tyrannosaurus re-release - I would have preferred the 1:35 version which I'm still vehemently looking for.

The Velociraptor / Protoceratops model is not from the Dinoland 1:20 vinyl series and a Vinyl Mosasaur :o!! I'd love to see that one :D!

Yeah I'd def buy the the Brachiosaurus ! ;D

I had forgot about the big Striding Rex as well..would take that one as well unless they mess up the head there too. ;)

The Mosa..I haven't seen in a LONG time..it's pose is really similar to the up and coming Griffon Fossil Master.