News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

You know, for the kids...

Started by NikToo, June 01, 2015, 11:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikToo

Hi, sometime lurker finally signing up. Into dinosaurs through my son who's now seven years old and regularly corrects the staff at the Natural History Museum in London and once got into an argument with his teacher when they called a Pteranodon both a Pterodactyl and a dinosaur... A couple of years ago I did Tamiya's Triceratops model for him but really want to do a "proper" model now. Looking at the Pegasus T-Rex, which is a bit on the large side but seems the best option in terms of price. Would have preferred something a bit smaller but I do like the model. The Spinosaurus would also be cool, but that really is too big. If anyone knows any resin or vinyl kits around sort of 10" in length and not too expensive I'm all ears. :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tapejara1122

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2015, 12:05:23 AM
These are a little smaller, but the price is right:

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/72/

NO Halichoeres DONT SUPPORT THAT RIP OFF!

Oh hai and welcome to the forum :D

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ripoff?  What exactly are you referring to?  DansDinosaurs is a long time member in good standing.

Paleogene Pals

Yeah, Dan's Dinosaurs does not sell recasts or rip-offs. I have done business with him many, many times. I can recommend him enough. BTW, he has a new 1/20 Yutyrannus sculpted by Shane Foulkes...bye, bye wallet!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on June 02, 2015, 03:10:40 AM
Yeah, Dan's Dinosaurs does not sell recasts or rip-offs. I have done business with him many, many times. I can recommend him enough. BTW, he has a new 1/20 Yutyrannus sculpted by Shane Foulkes...bye, bye wallet!

If Sideshow ever calls it quits I have some catching up to do with him and Shane myself.. ;)

Tapejara1122

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on June 02, 2015, 03:10:40 AM

No I mean his stuff is overpriced him as a member is fine just the wallet going *HUuhhhh!*

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

CityRaptor

If you think so, buy it somewhere else. Besides that, the Krentz models are generally expensive.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 02, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
If you think so, buy it somewhere else. Besides that, the Krentz models are generally expensive.
Worth every penny 8)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.