News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help me find this terrible chinasaur

Started by Sumo, April 01, 2012, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Is Chinasaur a name for any generic, cheap dinosaur toys made in China?

tyrantqueen

QuoteIs Chinasaur a name for any generic, cheap dinosaur toys made in China?
Yeah, it's the lingo in dinosaur toy collecting circles. It usually refers to a toy with an unknown manufacturer, produced often in Asian countries such as Hong Kong or China.

Chinasaurs usually have a specific style to them, and they're usually made of cheap rubbery material. They are mostly inaccurate, with dragging tails and such.
Two headed Chinasaurs are very common. You can often recognise the "Chinasaur style" straight away from the big, googly eyes and wide mouths with bright white painted teeth.

Some people collect them, for nostalgic reasons, or just because of the weirdness/cheesiness factor.

This is the best place for info on Chinasaurs http://paleofreak.com/plasticosauria/

Hope that answered your question XD

Metallisuchus

What about those mono-colored, hollowed out dinosaurs of the 80's? I remember the Moschops specifically. And yes, your answer definitely helped.

stoneage

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 28, 2012, 03:13:13 AM
What about those mono-colored, hollowed out dinosaurs of the 80's? I remember the Moschops specifically. And yes, your answer definitely helped.

You mean Tootsie Toy?  http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/TootsieToy.htm

Metallisuchus

Those look ever-so-slightly different from what I remember, almost as if this brand was a knock-off of an already cheap brand. Then again, it's hard to remember precisely what they were like after 24 or so years...

LophoLeeVT

i got one in glow in dark and the color you was looking for
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Brontozaurus

I had two, both yellow and red but one was bigger than the other.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Sumo

Now this thread got zombied I'm happy to announce I did get my unholy monstrosity at long last... found it in a standard "we <3 the 50s fun bukkit" a while ago, along with our friend Mangled Leg T.rex and, somewhat surprisingly, Godzilla.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Derek.McManus

I too had one of these as a child...my sister chewed the neck area!

ZaZZU2

Loved this one as a kid! It now sits beside my Papo Pteranodon ;D